Salem FFA

New User
Today is the Ag rally in Trenton NJ. I'm sure that most people have heard that our Gov. wants to close our AG department. So today my school FFA is going to protest in trenton along with farmers from all over the state.Hoping that there will be 5000 people there, wish our cause luck.
 
As an FFA advisor for over 30 years, I know the value firsthand of an AG. program for a wide variety of students. I wish you sucess in saving your program.
 
Let's make it clear.It is more than the High School ag department the Govenor wants to close.He has plans to do away with the state ag department.There are still plenty of farms in New Jersey.The state ag department is a valuble asset that we can't do without.This is what happens when we elect people to office that can simply buy there way into office.Gov Corzine spent more money on the election then ever before.
 
Doesn't your Ag dept handle weights and measures,slaughterhouse inspection,food inspection etc? Who does that left wing genious propose is going to handle the Ag departments duties?
 
Weights and Measures are on a county level,if the state is involved I'm not sure. When I drove fuel truck we went to the county for meter proving that's why I say it is on a county level.As for slaughterhouse's,they come under Packer and Stockyard inspectors.My mom works in a slaughterhouse.She tells me all the storys about the inspectors.Come on aske me what she does in a slaughterhouse.What else do you do at one?She kills cows.No,not realy.She works in the office,but,I have had alot of fun telling people that one.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top