AgSaver Glyphosate 53.8% $32.00/gal

Geo-TH,In

I don't buy Glyphosate in a 265 gal tote.
I'm posting this for farmers who do buy a lot of Glyphosate.
Is this a good deal?

That's a little stronger that what I normally see, 41% is what I have used. So I guess it's a pretty good price, if you need 260 gallons. Agri-supply has 41% for $128 for 2 1/2 gallons. I used to buy a 2 1/2 for $35!

And it used to be 60.00 per gallon when it came out back in the 70's and we used 2 Qts per acres for 3 year control of Quackgrass too. So why is it the big deal now. Back then we had 5.00 dollar or less beans and 1.50 corn. Still no more money in it. Just use a bigger shovel to move the money around with now.

In Hillsboro, Oh, Rural King, TSC, and Farm & Home are kinda like gas stations when they had gas wars.

You can get 41% for 99.95/2.5 gallon jug.

Get 20 miles away, TSC wants $30 more for the jug.

But all I have to do is show the local TSC the Hillsboro price, and they'll honor it.

Same way with chicken feed, local is $6 bag higher than Hillsboro.

No George I did not click the bait since you already posted in the title that it was The 53 % stuff and the price why look at a link. First off I'm not going to buy a 265 gallon tote for a 60 gallon per year use at $8500 almost. Then I also don't want it setting around for 5 years and have to pay for the tote till I use it up or have to put it into other containers because they want the tote back. I'm just saying that all these guys complaining about the cost and that was the cost back 45 years ago with a much higher use rate and nobody said boo just bellied up to the counter and put their money down and went on. Now they act like they were killed or something at the price for it this year. Besides Roundup is such a slow kill I don't care for it. Roundup is a week to see if it worked and Liberty or cadet is overnight about. Yes if you use Roundup straight out of the can it will show in a day. Liberty will show overnight and does a better job on most weeds. It will even get Marestail with label rates if you spray in a timely manner. Marestail just laughs at roundup and keeps going. With 2 Qts it just shrugs like a drunk shakes it off and goes on.

I have found liberty is not the best on grass where round will get it. I spray with round up, liberty and enlist, talk about a clean field

Scruggs in Tupelo, MS is an independent farm supply, farmer (BTO) and John Deere dealer. Years ago, he had a lawsuit brought by Monsanto over Round-up Ready cotton seed. I think he has a bit of grudge still and trying to take as much Round-up sales as he can. He does buy in large quantities.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back