Algae in diesel fuel

Bill(Wis)

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ALGAE IN A STEEL TANK FILLED WITH DIESEL FUEL! Algae takes sunlight to grow. Stock water tanks in sunlight sometimes get some impressive algae growth. BUT IT WON'T GROW IN A STEEL FUEL TANK! You are dealing with something completely different. I know this will get a few little tiny thongs all tied in a knot but that's fine. At least put out a little effort to study a problem before handing out misinformation. There, my rant for the week. (;>))

True the growth in diesel tanks that mistakenly referred to as algae is really bacteria or fungi. Fungi will grow in a JD 4020 steel diesel fuel tank!!

And that would be true if the stuff that grows in diesel was really a algae.

If you put a little effort into it you would know diesel algae is just a misrepresentation of a term.
Just what people call the stuff or a name for the stuff that grows in diesel.
What it really is in your diesel is a bug.
And bugs can grow in the dark.
Ever wonder why the treatment for so called diesel algae is a biocide IE; a substance that destroys living things, especially a pesticide, fungicide, or herbicide.

(quoted from post at 13:33:26 04/12/22) THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ALGAE IN A STEEL TANK FILLED WITH DIESEL FUEL! Algae takes sunlight to grow. Stock water tanks in sunlight sometimes get some impressive algae growth. BUT IT WON'T GROW IN A STEEL FUEL TANK! You are dealing with something completely different. I know this will get a few little tiny thongs all tied in a knot but that's fine. At least put out a little effort to study a problem before handing out misinformation. There, my rant for the week. (;>))
onestly, not the worst misinformation that gets dispensed on this site.

And in cold weather, it turns to jelly. Do you think anybody would try to eat it? Call it %$#& and take it home to put on the garden.

guy i worked for bought tractors out of the south and almost all of them had some kind of jelly-like substance in the fuel tank we cleaned all of them before prepping for sale. My brother here in Ky had a dose in his tractor which has a metal tank. I think cold weather inhibits or kills the stuff.

I had something plugging fuel filter on a CAT 65' once and treated the fuel tanks with with a fungicide to stop it .

And draining off the water collected in the storage tanks will greatly reduce chances of getting it in the equipment tanks. No water no growth. I have not had problems with it in fuel here, nor in the truck when running over the road. Fueling in all places of the country. I do watch for certain places and was a very repetitive fueler, so if no trouble in the past I would buy there again especially in the winter.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back