All Pro 50.000- 85000 btu

If I push the button it ignites . Works ok the moment I release the button it quits putting out heat . Only the fan motor runs . I have replaced the thermocouple- and unplugged the high temperature thermostat. All wires have continuity. Anybody got any ideas !
Again it’s an All Pro 50,000 - 80,000 btu propane heater.

The likely suspect is a flame "recognition sensor. If the machine thinks there is no flame, it will ot stay operating. (my best Guess) Jim

Faulty thermocouple or bad valve coil in the gas control valve. If there is a flame sensor, clean it with some steel wool.

could be a safety switch that shuts it off if the unit tips over - them things are normally wired in with the thermocouple -- by bypassing it you will know if it the culprit - good luck!

After the pilot lights, hold that gas button in, for a little while to let it to warm up and start working.

Dusty

What you have is a pretty simple system for gas flow. You have a thermocouple connected to electromagnetic gas valve with a manual override. When you push the button in, you are manually overriding the electromagnetic gas valve which allows gas to flow and then be ignited. As the thermocouple heats up, it produces a milli voltage that will energize the electromagnetic gas valve which will hold the gas valve open once you release the manual override. There is also a limit switch that shuts the gas off if it gets too hot. So, in your instance, the issue is either the thermocouple, the electromagnetic gas valve, the limit switch or the wiring. Given that the thermocouple and electromagnetic gas valve are a complete circuit in themselves and the system works when you push the manual override, your issue is one of the two. Unless your new thermocouple is not in the flame sufficiently to generate millivolts, you have a bad electromagnetic gas valve which is what the thermocouple screws into in the brass gas body.

Thank you for your reply’s . I ordered a new electromagnet for gas valve. The new piece cost $10 counting tax . Figured I’d give it a shot.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back