Allis chalmers 1985 wiring procedure

Ted36

New User
Has anyone who owns(or owned)an Allis Chalmers 185 diesel tractor and had to replace a wiring harness,what is the procedure for doing so,if it involves removing the fuel tank will I have to drain it first?

Since it has been about a week and you have no responses, I'll offer a few thoughts. I will say I haven't changed a harness on a 185, but I have changed others. I doubt there is a written procedure for doing this in any manual. You need to look at how it is run and decide for yourself if you need to remove the fuel tank. Generally different people have different ways to do things. I don't know what you have for tools or skill level. Maybe you don't need to touch it, maybe you can loosen the straps and wedge it up or sideways a bit, maybe you will need to remove it. As to emptying it first. Empty it will be lighter to handle. Do you have provisions to handle it full (200 pounds +/-)? Just some thoughts

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back