Allis chalmers d15

Lawsonj

New User
I have a d15 Allis gas, gen 2. It starts up and idles fine, but after about 10-15 minutes of medium use it starts sputtering and will eventually die within 30 seconds. I ve took off the fuel bowl and checked for trash, and drained the carb several times. After it dies it ll crank right back up and may run for a minute or 3-4 minutes and do it again. Any ideas?

Pull the carb drain plug and make sure you have a good steady flow of gas that will fill a pint jar in less the 3 minutes and 2 is even better

When it dies carefully remove the gas cap. If you hear a suction sound or a sort of blow out sound the vent is clogged

When you had the bowl off did you make sure you have good flow from the tank? The bowl inlet neck can become partially plugged
from crud in the tank.

Our WD was doing that. Figured out it had trash in the tank that would get sucked tight to the screen. Cleaned the screen in the tank and drained the trash-no more problems!

Having went through this a number of times,
my best advice is that you should assume
nothing, and check the basics first. Spark
at plugs and gas flow to carburetor first,
and chase it back from there. One time for
me, it was a piece of rust flake in the
cavity below the needle valve causing the
same as your symptoms.

Take the gasket off the cap and you will see the vent hole. Blow through it with the air compressor. I've seen them rust so tight that you have to poke a wire in there.

same thing on our 444 IH. father in law and wife's uncle chased (had mechanic chase) everything except pulling the sediment bowl.

it was plugged with 50 years of dirt and hay ect. cleaned it out and no more issues... sort of. it suspect in the tinkering they changed the carb settings. runs rough and spits and sputters alot.

I'm with Jim the coil needs checked for to hot to touch. It could be the fuel cap. thugh I would not expect it to be if it just suddenly started doing it since the last time it was used.

My B started to do that. If it had to work it would sputter and die. As was said check the carb float needle seat. Mine had just a small piece of junk just before the seat. . I tried running it with the gas cap loose and even changing caps. Everything above is good info. But let us know when you solve the problem.

I was able to get home early today. Filled the tank up completely full. It ran for over an hour. It tried to sputter some and I pulled out the choke and it d run fine. I m figuring fuel tank trash. Will have to find time to drain it and clean it

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back