Alternator conversion

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Some time I ago I saved several wiring diagrams to convert various farmalls to 12 volt. Well my hard drive crashed and now I need to x help someone rewire their 300. Could someone let me know where I could find a wiring diagram for a 12v conversion for a 300?

I sure would appreciate it.

thanks
Dave
 
I have a 300 myself and am having trouble with my generator, how big of an alternator should be used, and how is one of those wired instead of the generator.. Thanks.
 
The lowest output 12 volt alternator made (about 30 amps capacity) will provide more than enough output for a 300. Most any Delco alternator installed on a GM car/light truck from the mid-70's to mid-80's will work.

Wire it up per diagram #5 at the link below.
alternator wiring diagram
 

I replaced the gen's on my 140's with the Delco 10 SI alternator, which puts out I think 60 or 80 amps. I mounted a ramsey winch on a 3 pt boom pole that draws up to 100 amps. That winch really puts that alternator to the test. Have to leave the tractor running a good 5 min before shutting down to make sure I have enough charge to restart later. Probably need an additional battery mounted in the rear of the tractor below the seat. For normal use however, the Delco 10 SI is ample.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top