American Farmer tires

jd2cyl1943

In my other post JD39B mentioned American Farmer tires. He said that they make 45 Degree lug tires. The ones that they make for classic tractors are to big ( 13.6-38 ). I need 11.2-38. I imagine that it is a dumb idea to putt tires on a rim that is 2" to small for the tires, so I found the other kind that they make with 45 degree lugs but I can't find a price. I did find some new Titan Hi-Power Lugs for $775 for both tires. What do you think is the way to go?

The tractor will not be loosing value with those 45 degree tires. It is not a rare tractor, (like one of 200 built) so it is expected to have replacement tires. That price is a must do. Good find. Jim

Don't put over sized tires on it. It'll look like something out of a cartoon. I have Titan 11.2 38s on my Oliver
66. I paid $750 for the pair a few years ago. Good tire, look good.

They make an 'irrigation'tire for center pivot sprinklers. 11;2x30. Last set I bought 15 years ago was 200.00 each cheaper than a 'real' tractor tire.

Google Your Next Tire. I bought a pair of 11.2 38 tires from them for my JD B. Most reasonable price I could find. They are located in Nebraska!

I sold a few American Farmer tires back when I owned the tire
shop. Be advised, back then they had a very flimsily sidewall
compared to other off brands. They are not something I would
recommend for a high HP tractor.

FYI. I just pulled up my old tire suppliers website. 11.2x38TL
tires would cost you $282.75 each carry out. Even though these
are TL, if you are putting them on old rims, I'd sure recommend
putting a new tube in them. These are a no name tire 6 ply
tire.

Have you tried the local tire dealers?

My local dealer has always been able to beat the Internet, because of shipping. Places like Simple Tire offer "free shipping" but they factor the shipping cost into the tire, so you'll see a price for the same tire on another site like Gallagher Tire for hundreds less, only Gallagher adds on hundreds for shipping after you put the tire in your cart.

Don't know where you found Titans for $775 a pair, but they're more like $600 EACH online with shipping.

The local tire guy may also have access to brands you've never heard of. Mine turned me on to this CEAT (pronounced "say-ott" or "shay-ott" not "seat") brand which I had never come across in all my googling of tire prices.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back