9.5x32 tires with weights

Hello everyone, first post on this forum. I have 2 x ford 2n tractors. The one is still 6 volt with generator, other has a frontend loader, and 12 volt conversion. One has a set of 9.5x32 tires, with one piece inside the rim wheel weights..pretty cool!
Anyway what year were the 9.5x32 used up to? I like the look of them and the fact that I don't have to load the tires...these weight have to be at least a couple hundred pounds pre side..but would be better used..for someone that is restoring a tractor..IF they are the wrong ones for my tractors.
Cheers
B

32" rims were never a stock size for the 9N/2N/8N tractors according to the parts site. The parts site claims that they all came with 28" diameter rear wheels.

So what a out this..wrong info?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240412_232712_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240412_232712_Chrome.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 9
So what a out this..wrong info?
The parts site has been dropping more and more information each time that they do a "site upgrade", so that post might be correct and the parts site might have just dropped that info. But that post says that the 9.5x32 tires/wheels were only used in 1941 and earlier tractors, so they were only used on 9Ns, not on 2Ns. The "2" at the beginning of the 2N model means that it was introduced in 1942. Although the wheels and tires could have been swapped out at some point with those from a 9N.

So you already had seen that post saying when that size was made, but you posted a question here asking what years they were made?

Hello everyone, first post on this forum. I have 2 x ford 2n tractors. The one is still 6 volt with generator, other has a frontend loader, and 12 volt conversion. One has a set of 9.5x32 tires, with one piece inside the rim wheel weights..pretty cool!
Anyway what year were the 9.5x32 used up to? I like the look of them and the fact that I don't have to load the tires...these weight have to be at least a couple hundred pounds pre side..but would be better used..for someone that is restoring a tractor..IF they are the wrong ones for my tractors.
Cheers
B
The 9N could have either a 32 inch tire or a 28 inch. I have a couple of the tires and rims and centers from the 32 inch rears

The parts site has been dropping more and more information each time that they do a "site upgrade", so that post might be correct and the parts site might have just dropped that info. But that post says that the 9.5x32 tires/wheels were only used in 1941 and earlier tractors, so they were only used on 9Ns, not on 2Ns. The "2" at the beginning of the 2N model means that it was introduced in 1942. Although the wheels and tires could have been swapped out at some point with those from a 9N.

So you already had seen that post saying when that size was made, but you posted a question here asking what years they were made?
Thanks for the reply..I put this in the wrong forum..meant to go in the Ford 9n2n8n forum...over in that forum ( lol).where I should have put this . I found and have had the serial number deciphered, and it coming in as a 1940 model year tractor ..nice..
So I'm guessing the underwear is matching the dress..lol..I'm hopping..second year production 9n..sweet!
Cheers
B

Thanks for the reply..I put this in the wrong forum..meant to go in the Ford 9n2n8n forum...over in that forum ( lol).where I should have put this . I found and have had the serial number deciphered, and it coming in as a 1940 model year tractor ..nice..
So I'm guessing the underwear is matching the dress..lol..I'm hopping..second year production 9n..sweet!
Cheers
B
Check it to see if it has the aluminum dash which would make it an early 1940 or late 39

After reading what I had for info..yes I realize..yes I had the info( feeling stupid) but ha you never know. Also just because one person( and he/she) could be the goru of Ford tractor..I don't know...and not trying to offend anyone...but the info could be wrong too..so where else is a better place to ask then here...some of you guys where around when these were built..not me...so the info others hold, is info you can't find in a book..well maybe you can know..but so many different answers..for that same question..
Cheers
B
Ps ld like to say..you were subtle, and not ignorant in the way you replied..thank you!

So a little update..just took some more pic, will upload. First yes it does have a aluminum dash! ( I didn't know too much paint) the dash looks like it part of the battery box and steering housing..also there is a total lack of numbers anywhere..nothing on the lift arms...the only other one a could find was on the hydraulic pump housing..
Please take a look at the pic..I'm pretty sure it's a 1940...maybe..lol

Attachments

• 20240413_144553.jpg
    20240413_144553.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 20240413_143441.jpg
    20240413_143441.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240413_143553.jpg
    20240413_143553.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20240413_143735.jpg
    20240413_143735.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240413_143756.jpg
    20240413_143756.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20240413_143724.jpg
    20240413_143724.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 20240413_143914.jpg
    20240413_143914.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240413_144129.jpg
    20240413_144129.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240413_144559.jpg
    20240413_144559.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20240413_144608.jpg
    20240413_144608.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
The grill is from a 2N, so 1942 or later, but who knows what parts have been swapped over the years. The serial number should be in the area in your picture that I highlighted with the yellow oval below:

2N-left-side-2.jpg

The grill is from a 2N, so 1942 or later, but who knows what parts have been swapped over the years. The serial number should be in the area in your picture that I highlighted with the yellow oval below:

View attachment 66980
Also did you notes the two front dogleg pieces on the sides of the hood..at the bottom..there are no thought bolt hole..interesting.

It's definitely a mutt then. The grill, as I said, with those 4 vertical slots in the middle are from a 1942-1947 2N. A 9N grill would have a smooth vertical section in the center.

Good to know on the grill my 2n us missing one..what about the lower side panel of the hood? There are no through bolts? When did they change that? My 2n has the through bolts at the bottom of the panel..these have to be undone from the inside..

It's definitely a mutt then. The grill, as I said, with those 4 vertical slots in the middle are from a 1942-1947 2N. A 9N grill would have a smooth vertical section in the center.
Yes its probably had the hood and lower replace with a steel hood and lowers, from what I understand the aluminum where earlier..but could be wrong.
And could be a mix of parts..but so far the only thing that is not adding up is the grill..., the dash/steer box is aluminum...little to no makings/serial number on on the bolt on parts..lift arms..trans sides( will have to take a better look)..sand blast..maybe.
The rims are correct...other then the... grill everything.. seem to be all mixed of 1940..and 1940..? Lol
Cheers
B
Yes I way trying to be funny, so please tell me what pics you need to see, to make it not a 1940? And yes I'm hoping it a mix of parts, because I won't, cut up a factory 1940 9n ever...this tractor has had just the grill replace...maybe...but I will cut it up if it is "mutt" because most of the parts are worth more then the whole.!

Good to know on the grill my 2n us missing one..what about the lower side panel of the hood? There are no through bolts? When did they change that? My 2n has the through bolts at the bottom of the panel..these have to be undone from the inside..
I'm not sure on the bolts at the bottoms of the doglegs. The current parts site drawing for the hood show the through bolts for all years for the 9N/2N/8N series, but as said, the current parts site is missing a lot of historical information on old Ford tractors. It only appears to have the last iteration of replacement parts for lots of things.

I was just on the Ford Ferguson Collect site, it's look good, yes the grill is not right, but the smooth axles housing, hood and side panel are correct...steering box, the two l beam front axle Stabler
Being that it a 1940, there were a couple of differences..name out and serial numberd ( starting point of production) , put then put into produce, very cool. It's been rain here for two days, when it stops I'll take the side cover off and take a look at the pump lift arms...older one had two arms, hook to a center plunger...my oil pump cover has a number of 9n- 605 with a number 3, in a circle, just below 9n-605..
Thoughts?
Thanks.
B

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back