flying belgian
Well-known Member
1st cut alfalfa nicollet county Mn.
Good looking field of hay. What is your plan, wet bale, dry bale, or chop? I put most of my hay in a bunker silo back in my cattle days. Hay in our area got a slow start this spring because of dry weather. Good rains the past two weeks has really perked it up. Probably about a week before we start cutting here.1st cut alfalfa nicollet county Mn.View attachment 70515View attachment 70516View attachment 70517View attachment 70518
I will bale this in small squares. I've had some of my customers waiting for 2 weeks already. I like to take the first cutting early. Not so stemmy.Good looking field of hay. What is your plan, wet bale, dry bale, or chop? I put most of my hay in a bunker silo back in my cattle days. Hay in our area got a slow start this spring because of dry weather. Good rains the past two weeks has really perked it up. Probably about a week before we start cutting here.
60% rain on weds. That should give me just enough time to get it baled up.One of neighbors mowed a whole lot of hay last week and green wrapped it, in about 2-3 days, here in Northern KY. All our hay is ready to cut now, but rain is forecast for 2 weeks and it has rained for a week already. We've had better/warmer spring weather than we've had for 5yrs, and will have a good crop when it stops raining. Mark.
What is the purpose of the skirts on the mower? Stan1st cut alfalfa nicollet county Mn.View attachment 70515View attachment 70516View attachment 70517View attachment 70518
Nort Mankato right next to Caswell ball parkAm I correct in assuming this is near Mankato or North Mankato? I was trying to recognize the buildings in the background.
Keeps the disk knives from throwing stuff out. Kinda like the shroud of your lawn mower deck.What is the purpose of the skirts on the mower? Stan
I just bought an early '90's CIH 895 with cab to pull my 5x4 hay baler. I really like it. Makes much tighter/squarer round bales than my previous 65 hp baling tractor. Last year I bought a 395 for my shredder puller and liking it due to its ruggedness, put me in the market for the 895. My first 2 tractors were Red and i am just now getting back to them from blue and green.
1st cut alfalfa nicollet county Mn.View attachment 70515View attachment 70516View attachment 70517View attachment 70518
YesAre you related to any Depuydt's around Le Sueur?
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy