Another update on the S88

old

Well-known Member
So a friend of mine told me I should put the old oil filter back on and fill it with oil and run it. I put the filter back on and put in 4 quarts of oil yes I know that is a quart low but sill good on the dipstick. Ran it till it ran out of gas so maybe 30-45 minutes. Watched the radiator and the water seemed to move as it should and the oil well it looked like I had just put it in and showed no water/coolant. I'm still going to pull the radiator and flush it out well with vinegar and water and the put it back on. Tractor never did get hot as in temp gauge read around 190 when it shut down. I'm thinking put the new oil filter on and fill the oil up and fill the radiator with good coolant and run it AND see what happens
 
So a friend of mine told me I should put the old oil filter back on and fill it with oil and run it. I put the filter back on and put in 4 quarts of oil yes I know that is a quart low but sill good on the dipstick. Ran it till it ran out of gas so maybe 30-45 minutes. Watched the radiator and the water seemed to move as it should and the oil well it looked like I had just put it in and showed no water/coolant. I'm still going to pull the radiator and flush it out well with vinegar and water and the put it back on. Tractor never did get hot as in temp gauge read around 190 when it shut down. I'm thinking put the new oil filter on and fill the oil up and fill the radiator with good coolant and run it AND see what happens
Sounds good Rich.
Hope it works well for you.
 
So a friend of mine told me I should put the old oil filter back on and fill it with oil and run it. I put the filter back on and put in 4 quarts of oil yes I know that is a quart low but sill good on the dipstick. Ran it till it ran out of gas so maybe 30-45 minutes. Watched the radiator and the water seemed to move as it should and the oil well it looked like I had just put it in and showed no water/coolant. I'm still going to pull the radiator and flush it out well with vinegar and water and the put it back on. Tractor never did get hot as in temp gauge read around 190 when it shut down. I'm thinking put the new oil filter on and fill the oil up and fill the radiator with good coolant and run it AND see what happens

Yep. I had a Farmall 450 that started pushing water. Oil change, radiator flush, back to work. No problems since.
 
I have filled the radiator and engine full of straight vinegar and run the tractor for an hour or so. Flush and fill with coolant and problem gone.
I did that a couple times last year and it didn't help then it had water in the oil so I did a few tests. Then yesterday no water in the oil after running it but when I went to drain the radiator nothing came out till I blew air into the drain cock. Then it drain so going to pull the radiator and fill with vinegar and let sit 24 hour then flush
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top