Another update on the S88

old

Well-known Member
Pulled the radiator and soaked it over night with vinegar. Drain that today and flushed out with the garden hose. Didn't like how it looked so have it soaking once again in vinegar. Pulled the thermostat housing and it appears that the bypass hole in the housing wasn't working due to having something wrong with the thermostat not in correctly. Had a new one sitting here that was supposedly made for the S88 and will put it in. The bypass hole will work with that one. Tomorrow I will fire it up and drive it over to where I can get the garden hose hooked up to it and flush the block out. Can't run it long with out the radiator being on it but for 5 or so minutes it should be just fine. A lot of the mounting holes for things are pretty rusted up so cleaned the treads on them and will put in new bolts and lube them well when I put them in.
 
Pulled the radiator and soaked it over night with vinegar. Drain that today and flushed out with the garden hose. Didn't like how it looked so have it soaking once again in vinegar. Pulled the thermostat housing and it appears that the bypass hole in the housing wasn't working due to having something wrong with the thermostat not in correctly. Had a new one sitting here that was supposedly made for the S88 and will put it in. The bypass hole will work with that one. Tomorrow I will fire it up and drive it over to where I can get the garden hose hooked up to it and flush the block out. Can't run it long with out the radiator being on it but for 5 or so minutes it should be just fine. A lot of the mounting holes for things are pretty rusted up so cleaned the treads on them and will put in new bolts and lube them well when I put them in.
You should just keep this in one thread, anybody who has an interest in your situation or equipment will see you have new entries (replies) that have been added to your thread and will view them.
 
Pulled the radiator and soaked it over night with vinegar. Drain that today and flushed out with the garden hose. Didn't like how it looked so have it soaking once again in vinegar. Pulled the thermostat housing and it appears that the bypass hole in the housing wasn't working due to having something wrong with the thermostat not in correctly. Had a new one sitting here that was supposedly made for the S88 and will put it in. The bypass hole will work with that one. Tomorrow I will fire it up and drive it over to where I can get the garden hose hooked up to it and flush the block out. Can't run it long with out the radiator being on it but for 5 or so minutes it should be just fine. A lot of the mounting holes for things are pretty rusted up so cleaned the treads on them and will put in new bolts and lube them well when I put them in.
best of luck to ya!!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top