Any experience with Grizzly Table Saws?

BEN in KS

Member
Workin" on the Christmas list and figure it"s time to retire the "50s era Craftsman. Lookin at Delta contractor/Biesemeyer fence combos too. What do the gurus on here think? Thanks in advance...Ben
 
I have a 10" cabinet model that I bought about 10 years ago, and since then I've bought a 20" planer, a dust collecter and a 3 hp spindle shaper from them. That should tell you what my experience is. No problems whatsoever, lots of power. The standard fence isn't perfect, you might want to consider going for an after-market fence if your budget allows, but for the $$, I don't think you can beat them.
 
I had a grizzley shaper that was a fine machine, the only problem we ever had with it was that nearly every bolt hole needed tapped out to clean the threads when it was new, other than it was great
 
I've had the Jet contractor saw for about 15 years and have been very happy with it. Only problem is that the scale on the front fence rail is off by a little bit. The Grizzly is also a nice unit, with an even better extension wing setup than the Jet or Delta. I prefer the Jet fence over the Grizzly fence, though.
 
I also have the cabinet table saw. I put a Beismeyer fence on it that I had on my previous table saw. There was a problem with one of the gears that raises the blade I called Grizzly and they got a new one to me in a couple of days. I was going to get the Delta saw but guys were raving about the deal that the Grizzly was on one of the woodworking web sites so I went ahead and ordered the Grizzly. I could not be happier with the saw in the 7 or 8 years that I have had it. Plenty of power and stays square. I think that I paid around $700 for it at the time. One of the better values I have ever gotten.
 
I have bought a few machine shop tools from grizzly, drill bits ,tapes, drill press vise. very low quality, good price, but not again. a standard 1/2 tape , can not screw a new bolt in , by hand , went to local hardware store, bought one their to clean the hole up. not just the 1/2. I had problems with all 6 sets that I bought, ended up scraping all of them.
 
I have had good luck with Grizzly products. A cut better than Harbor freight or Home Depot. Not as good as industrial grade machines by a major mfgr. but no where near as expensive either.
Chinese products but with someone watching the quality control closer than most products.
 
You'll like the Biesemeyer fence no matter what saw it's on.

I just put a new motor on an early-50s Craftsman 10" table saw, and figure that it will now out-last me!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top