Anyone here shoot Imron?

In the early seventies it was new and it was the greatest. it is one of many 2K urethanes now, but it has been continuously improved over the years and is very spendy, but also extremely durable. They say that it is a little difficult to work with.
 
i havent shot Imron in a long time. it is a polyurethane paint. durable but not UV resistant. also chemically pretty nasty stuff. you need a tyvec paint suit, nitrile gloves and a supplied fresh air breathing system. it is easily absorbed thru skin. there was an activator and an accelerator used with it.
 
i havent shot Imron in a long time. it is a polyurethane paint. durable but not UV resistant. also chemically pretty nasty stuff. you need a tyvec paint suit, nitrile gloves and a supplied fresh air breathing system. it is easily absorbed thru skin. there was an activator and an accelerator used with it.
i dont have any activator left, but here is the accelerator
IMG_2984.jpeg
 
I shot Imron when it first came out back in the 1960's , as I remember. At the time there was not much of a health warning on the product and I think I'm paying the price for this today. All I can say is, - read the current label for personal protection requirements.
 
I used some of the new Imron awhile back. No issues at all spraying it and it’s held up well. Stuff is so tough it took forever for it to wear of the drawbar from pulling implements.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0251.jpeg
    IMG_0251.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
I think it was gone for a little while, but now another outfit has bought it from DuPont and is producing it again. Seems to be pretty much the same, they might have changed the chemistry a little, but it seems like it sprays and holds up about the same.
As Stephen Newell posted it is owned now by Axalta. They also own the Nason line which I use.
 
JT on you tube , channel name is JTs Barn and grill, uses Imron 2.8pr 62-1060 for his primer and then Nason Ful-Base paints for the finish and the clear coats. From what I can see on the TV it looks good and he has a couple of years or tractors that have been painted and they all still look good.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top