At least the tractor was spared

kcm.MN

Was checking weather and found this pic. The link below is to the original article. In the pic, a Cuban tobacco farmer is driving past his destroyed crop and 2 barns 10 days after Hurricane Ian. The pic in the article is stretched out, so I adjusted it for this post.
https://www.weatherbug.com/news/10-Days-Later,-Cubans-Still-Recovering-From-Hurric

mvphoto98190.jpg

It's a bad situation for anyone that
was in the intense part of this
storm. My heart goes out to them. As
a flue cured tobacco farmer myself,
it's pure depressing to loose a
tobacco crop to a hurricane. There
is soooo much labor, work, and
expense to watch it dry up, blow off
the stalk, and essentially
disappear, in a matter of a couple
days time frame. It is definitely a
crop that the intense level of labor
only occurs in 4 months of the year,
but takes all year to have something
to tend to it to produce it.

The article starts off by stating that the Cuban farmers are still dealing with the Hurricane 10 days after it hit. The people in Lake Charles are still dealing with their issues from 2
years ago. They got hit by 2 back to back hurricanes 2 years ago. Im not making a comparison of which got hit harder but more like it takes a lot of time to rebuild. Because of
todays economics not everyone has insurance. And the ones that do get cheated by the insurance companies. Its a hard thing to come back to your property and everything
youve worked for is gone. Wingnut

Exactly. Having experienced three hurricanes that severely damaged our tobacco it is heartbreaking. We were blessed far beyond the Cuban farmer. He lost his crop, barns, most likely other farm structures and equipment, and possibly his home. It would be much harder to start over in that situation.

Starting over is made worse by where he lives. Things we consider every day items might be a luxury to them. Like we complain when a store doesnt have the model refrigerator we want with the special ice dispenser. Where as he is just glad he can buy a refrigerator.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back