Attaching sway chains to adjustable lift arm

Hi, I have a Ford 4000 and trying to rig up sway chains for the 3point. It didn't have the original setup up, and last year salvaged and restored a couple adjustable length lower lift arms. The rear axle adapters I picked up aftermarket.
The lower lift arms have a 7/8" nub for attaching something via a linchpin (not sure what). Last year I had cut and formed a couple steel sway bars to fit, and rigged up a way to bolt to the axle brackets, but was a real pain to hook it all up and not quite right. So I want to use a chain and turnbuckle system instead. Pics show lift arm and turnbuckle hanging from axle bracket.

My question is is there an adapter of some sort that will attach a chain link to that nub on the lower lift arm and be held in place using a linch pin? If not, thinking I can cut several inches off my sway bar that already has a hole drilled for the nub, and then drill a new hole for attaching a chain. If there were some link designed for that purpose, I would just buy it. That 7/8" nub on the lift arm is pretty oversized though.

Thank you.
mvphoto71850.jpg

mvphoto71851.jpg

That is for sway bar. Flat with 2 holes in one end and 1 in other. Has bracket that is missing on yours. I have 1 of oem but cannot post pic.

There is a bracket that will work that was used on the 930a rear mount grooming mowers. It was used to attach a chain to the tractor top link mount to hold the front of the mower deck at a constant height. Could probably fab something like it easy.
cvphoto82391.jpg

Set up non genuine sway chains on a 3000 I had few years ago. You can probably get them on this site. Then a D shakel with the threaded pin through the hole in the pin on your linkage arm securing the chain and you are in business. Started out with sway bars on a MF 35 then had sway chains with a turnbuckle on
the Ford 5000. Never went back to sway bars.

I have given up on chains as a means of controlling left to right movement of an implement on the 3 pt. For my OEM chain controlled units I just
went either with the fixed distance steel bar...one on each side for heavy implement, or the adjustable tubular supports that TSC sells.....I like
them the best. Plus the ends are forged so that you can get out your torch, get the tips hot and bend them to fit whatever configuration you
need.

Since I have Pats QHs on some of my units, the above device didn't fit on the end of the pins so I bought implement pins with a long shank and 2
nuts whereby you could set the length of the pin to your liking. This and cutting the head off the 5/16 or 3/8 mounting screws on the side of the
Pat's made enough room. I put red thread sealer under the jamb nuts that are on the screws upon which I cut the heads off to ensure that they
won't back off. Really makes a difference in controlling the movement of my weighted tandem disc and 6' rotary mower installations.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back