Auction Results

Hotflashjr

I bit the bullet and sold my LA at auction this weekend. I was real disappointed in the result. It brought $2,300. Not a complete restoration but all the mechanical work had been done. Had rear weights, plow, cultivators, sickle bar mower, lots of extra parts, books, restored belt pulley and serial # tag. I was hoping to see $3,500. Had a nice 720 there with 801 3pt, new tires, nice paint, diesel that went for $5,500. A 70 diesel half restored with everything to finish including new tires that went for $1,500!!!! A nice restored Wallis on full steel only brought $1,500. Running Farmall H for $1,500 and a Farmall MD that ran and had nice sheet metal but had pretty bad rear tires brought $1,800. Average JD 2040 for $1,800 and a rough JD 2020 that had been a sweeper for a paving company brought $800. They wouldn't allow anyone to start anything the day of the sale which is not common around here. If it runs they usually fire it off when the bidding slows.

Did you buy the 2040 & 2020 ?

I was trying to sell my LA early this spring. I gave up for the very reason you just found out. They don't seem to be in demand anymore.

I did not buy anything. I put a few bids on the 2040 but it needed all new tires and high hours on the tach. Hydraulic fluid was low and milky and since I couldn't start it I didn't want to take the chance. The 2020 was worse than that. It was a road sweeper for a paving company and had an 8 foot sweeper brush on the front run off hydraulics. The hydro fluid was burnt and black. Front tires were bald car tires and rear tires were pretty well shot. I didn't bid. I walked up when they were selling the 70 diesel and they said sold before I could jump in. Not that I have the time or knowledge to put that back together but for that price I would find the time and learn!

And they usually start all tractors at their auctions. I was really disappointed in that. When I had dropped it off the weekend before they said we start them all if they run during the bidding. I started and drove mine off the trailer and made sure it was ready to go. Showed 3 guys how to start it.

I did not go busy with Leaf Pick up LOL
I did see the picture on the web and the pic was not that good! NOR IS THEIR WEBSITE
I think in its condition even with motor work done BUT!!! The whole tractor not finished and the auction you brought it to I don't think you did that bad! Price are not what they were before ! I hope they didn't fit you with big FEES? What town in CT r u from?

I am up in Massachusetts so it was a bit over an hour to get there. Fees were not too bad, 10%. I am seeing that prices are down on them. Quite a few have been sitting on ebay for a while and I had very little interest from trying to sell it locally.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back