Auxiliary valve for a 135

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Hydraulic-Remote-Valve-Kit-For-Massey-Ferguson-245-255-265/123519883418?hash=item1cc25bd89a:g:NUMAAOSwqIhcAZiO

I'm working on a 135 with straight gear transmission, no multipower, no auxiliary hydraulics. The owner would like a single spool double acting remote. We have a parts/donor tractor with a valve similar to the twin stick unit pictured in the link above. The valve pictured would do what he wants. Our valve however has only one stick. After spending some time on it yesterday I got the bulk of the rust and crud loosened up enough to allow operation of the handle, the detent spring/ball and got the spool to travel freely in both directions. This valve has two fittings, as does the one in the photo, but one is capped like it wasn't in use when that tractor was last in operation, and it has only one hose and coupler.

The lever has three detented positions. With the lever pulled back the oil flow is directed to the lift cylinder. In the center it appears to go sump and forward sends oil out the rear port which had a hose and coupler. Even though it has two outlet fittings installed, I suspect it's only a single acting valve and is probably not convertible. Some quick checks blowing air into the supply port with all other ports open and cycling the spool through all three positions has pretty much confirmed that only one of the upper ports would recieve any flow from the pump as currently configured.

I believe that in order to get a functioning double acting valve we need more than what we now have.

Any thoughts?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back