tractorfan

New User
im looking at a b with hydrolics are the 3pt systems on this site worth putting on if i do some day is there much that i can hook up to it thanks for any replies
 
I have one and find it quite handy. I use a 5' bush hog mower and a 6' king kutter disk. Both of these implements weigh at least 500 pounds and require added weight on the front to keep the tires on the ground when the implement is raised. One disadvantage on the B is that when you use the hydraulics, the PTO is also spinning. That can be inconvenient with a mower or post hole digger.
 
We have one on one of our C's and I use it a lot to bush hog with a 5 foot mower, I like it a lot but it does get light in the front end . It definitly makes the tractor more useful. Our hitch is a Worksaver , I have to come up with a set of sway chains and I want to set up some brackets for chains to hold the implement at it working height because it slowly creeps down from weight.T.J.
 
I added a four way valve between my pump and cylinder to stop the "creeps" works great and makes it easier to make small adjustments.
 
Any modern implement that the tractor can lift can be attached to these. 500#s is a good max for these units you reference as they are on the light side, however your B was not intended to pack this kind of weight. I made my own three point on my B and intentionally over engineered it (3" x 1/2" bar stock everywhere plus dual 2" cylinders) I added more structure to the fender frames and cross linked them to prevent lattural flexing. Yes mine is a mad man three point but the tractor will break in two before it does. I can push the back tires off the ground for maintainence and pick up anything that I can counter weight off of the front with added weights. (poor bearings) So far; I love it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top