BMud

New User
Hey guys. Still workin on the 1939 B of mine. I previously asked about how to get the clutch drive disk out. Well, I still havent gotten her out. I have been trying to be kinda gentil with it. Currently it is sittin there with a home made puller on it. Put some penetrating oil on it as well and it does not want to move. To look at it, it almost looks as if the disk has "spun" a tad on the shaft, that could be why it does not want to move. I am affriad the next step is to take it out in a few pieces, but would like to make sure I can find a new one yet. I contacted sharps oldjd4u, they do not have one, however they are working on making a new reproduction one. They have already tried a prototype. My question is do any of you guys happen to have one that you are willing to part with. The part number is B1304R. Also, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
 
Your splines could be worn ? and maybe someone epoxyed it on ? you may need alot of heat ?
With your puller on it and drawed up tight whack the end where the crank is to shock it and see if it pops off.
 
If it"s partially spun on the crank you could be in for a fight. Unless someone just didn"t have it good and tight, either the crank, or the driver or both are probably worn pretty badly.
 
mine was partially spun it was so sloppy it fell right off i found one in a junk yard that was stuck fast we heated it red hot couldnt get it off with a puller well we stood there talking with the puller still on there tight and as it cooled it slid right off the crank cooled off faster than the clutch so my opinion give her some heat should come right off
 
I have a 39 clutch disc stuck also, so let me know what you find out that works. I have tried a puller; tried heat a couple times with the puller; left the puller on while it cooled; lots of penetrating oil; and so far it is still stuck.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top