BMud

New User
Hey guys. Ive got another question on my 39 B. Seems that there is a little leak coming out from around the PTO shaft. I looked in my parts manual to see what the part number is for the PTO seal, but according to this, I do not have one. PC-330,, pg 76, shows that they started using a PTO seal with serial number 82447. Mine is 78,072, 1939 early styled. So my question is, do I have a seal I can replace, is this a typo, and any suggestions about replacement. Oh also, its an 1 1/8 pto shaft, if that helps. Thanks.
Brad Mud.
 
That is a common type seal being sold and I would dare say you could buy it at auto parts store. The old seals have the felt dust shield which you will not find on the new seals. It seems to me like they may be the same as a Chevrolet wheel bearing seal. JD has the seals and I"m sure other sites on internet that has them. Good luck....Chuck
 
Go back to your PC330, page76 and look at Key#s 13, 14, and 15. You need #14--A575R. It's available from JD at $3.80. Don't know if that's for 1 each or a pack of them.
Go to the JD Parts website. It'll give you the ID, OD, and material type for A575R. With that info you could probably find what you need at a local bearing/packing supply house if you don't want to buy from JD.
 
brad check to see if you a hex type bushing on your pto shaft if so it takes a rope type packing also know as water pump packing
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top