Back to work 1st First Aid Case Allready

Keith Molden

Well-known Member
Well, went back to work last monday, pretty much right back into the groove. Mostly doing orientations for the contractors on site and getting ready for the upcomming outage, we're building silos for flyash on one project and getting ready to replace the auxillary boiler on the other. They were having a pre construction meeting in one of the conference rooms & I got a call from our Construction Manager to come to the meeting room that someone had gotten snake bit. Seems that with the hot, dry weather a banded water snake (non posioness) had decided to get into the building. The project manager (55 years old) for one of the contractors decided to be the big hero and pick the snake up. Snake decided he didn't want to be picked up & bit him in the web between the thumb and fore finger. Had to take him to the Nurse's station for tetnus shot and clean & bandage the wound ( 4 little abrasions with no punctures that we could see. The bandaging made it a First Aid. We kinda pride ourselves on doing an outage without any injuries and here this idiot got us one before the outage even starts. He won't even be on site, thank Heaven for that anyway. They got the snake into a bag and took it away form the offices and turned it loose, not really my idea of what should have been done with it, but not my choice. Just thought you guys would get a little chuckle out of this. Keith
 
Snakes ! The only snakes I like are the kind that are DEAD , Smashed ,Chopped in pieces , or shot .Your story reminds me of a work mission trip my Church took back in the 80s to Kentucky . We support a homeless kids mission there . Well one day while there , after supper my X & I was walking around the grounds on a tour , when this boy walks up to us with a large snake around his neck playing with it . He was getting wayy to close in my book & since snakes terrify me anyhow how I asked him to stay away & why . When he got closer I could see he had several bleeding snake bite on his arms & hands .I avised him to get rid of the snake & get to the nurses building quick . He was laughing & saying he was fine while tormenting that snake even more .My X was trying to talk to him hile I ran to the nures building for help . I never did here the outcome since I wasn"t part of the management . In no way , do I wanta see a snake around me . i can"t even bjoy a movie which has snakes nvolved . God bless, Ken
 
agreed, as a little kid my mom instilled a VERY LARGE fear of snakes in me, my theory is their good as long as I cant see them, then their good as dead when I do :)
 
About 30 years ago the neighbor boys were tormenting the girls with snakes. I said let me have the snake so they gave it to me and I put in a bucket. A little while later the boys mom shows up and asked for her boys snake back. I got the bucket and held the snake out for her to take with her. She was scared to death of snakes and wanted the bucket to carry the snake in. I said no just take the snake in your hand. She went away empty handed.
 
I have never understood how idiots that hurt themselves due to their own stupidity have the gall to fill out accident reports and get everyone else in a bind, I would put my hand in my pocket and go to the Doctor if needed and pay for it myself.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top