Seems like the 2 y.o.battery on my IH 674 diesel is going bad.
After running it quite awhile recently with no problems, now it doesn"t have enough juice to start it. It does try to turn over, just too weak. Doesn"t make sense with this new of a battery. The connections are tight.
When I hooked up my battery booster to jump it, as I turned it over the clamps glowed red and smoked at the terminal connections on both pos and neg, and juice actually seeped out the positive terminal. Why would it do that?
It never would start with the booster, but jumping it from my truck did work fine.
And is this a bad battery, or starter? How do I go about trouble shooting?
After running it quite awhile recently with no problems, now it doesn"t have enough juice to start it. It does try to turn over, just too weak. Doesn"t make sense with this new of a battery. The connections are tight.
When I hooked up my battery booster to jump it, as I turned it over the clamps glowed red and smoked at the terminal connections on both pos and neg, and juice actually seeped out the positive terminal. Why would it do that?
It never would start with the booster, but jumping it from my truck did work fine.
And is this a bad battery, or starter? How do I go about trouble shooting?