Battery power tools

I graciously had the opportunity for someone to steal a bunch of tools out of my truck over the weekend. Amongst the missing stuff was a full set of Milwaukee Fuel power tools. I'm in the process of trying to get it replaced. I do remember they were 20 volt, but cannot for the life of me remember any specifics on the batteries that came with the stuff when ordered other than a charge would last a looooong time in heavy use. Which ones are the good kind now and which ones to avoid for longevity ?

Milwaukee has both 12 and 18 volt tools, the 12 volters being compact tools while the 18 volts are full-size. Milwaukee does not offer a 20 volt line to my knowledge.

It must've been 18v batteries then. It was a full size tools. Is the higher the amp hour rating the better the charge duration capacity ? It's been close to 2 years since I was in the shopping market for Milwaukee stuff. Have forgotten what I did know about it.

Man, the Milwaukee brand is good. I hate to hear that happened to you. Unless you can prove they were yours, they will probably end up at a pawn shop, FB marketplace or possibly C-list.

My construction crews use the heavier 18 volt XC 5.0 amp hour Li-ion. The last all day. As said before they are over $100 each.

The higher the battery number is the longer they last between charging. The tool you are using makes a difference too.

For the most part I prefer the 5.0. It lasts good and isn't too heavy. I have a couple 2.0's to use with my multi tool just for the reduced weight. I have a couple 9.0's for the saw and weedeater but they feel a little too heavy so I rarely use them. They make bigger ones also.

M18 are 18v 5 amp Li

I have many cordless tools in my truck and refuse to park my truck outside at night.

I always lock my tool boxes when parking in store parking lot.

I would hate to think how much it would cost to replace all the cordless tools in my truck.

I always remove batteries and store them inside cab. So if someone takes my tools they won't get my batteries unless I forget to lock cab.

Hope you can write your replacement cost off as a business expense.

You are probably right. I imagine they
needed some spending change to get another
fix. I try to help anyone when I can, but
I hate a thief. They need a well placed
piece of lead pumped through them.

Farmboy 81,
Bummer! My vote is for the 18 volt fuel.
The 20 volt pack has the SAME amount of cells, just a voltage rating game.

Just match the capacity to the work needed.
Cells-packs rated at a lower voltage are better the the hyped higher voltage ones.

Guido.

Not sure where you live. Farm & Fleet stores have sales on Milwaukee 18v tools almost weekly. Depending on the tool, sometimes they give you a free battery along w/a lower price. Case in point, week or 2 back, I bought the chainsaw kit. Kit contained the saw, 12ah battery and a charger. Got a free 8ah battery.

HTH, Don

> Is the higher the amp hour rating the better the charge duration capacity

Yes, the amp-hour rating indicates the charge capacity. In theory, a 1.0 amp-hour battery can source one ampere for one hour. A 2.0 A-h battery can source two amps for one hour or one amp for two hours.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back