Battery terminal lost connection

The starter quit working at a public place of course and all it would do is click. I had to pull start it. I was about to take starter off and the majority of people prabably would of but I figured out the main cable going to starter didn't have juice and the problem was inside the cable terminal so I drilled it and bolted it and problem solved. Also I AA engineered a fuel system on the idi. The fuel drains back, so I prime it with a electric pump and a small fuel container before starting, another easy fix, otherwise it starts and stops and takes alot of cranking and wear on the starter to get it going again.
If you fix the leaking return lines on the injectors and / or the rubber inlet hose at the fuel pump, it won't drain back and start by itself like it's supposed to.
 
If you fix the leaking return lines on the injectors and / or the rubber inlet hose at the fuel pump, it won't drain back and start by itself like it's supposed to.
That's absolutely correct, FM!

ANY leaks in either the suction side plumbing to the lift pump, between the lift pump and the injection pump, or leaks at the injection pump itself (at the throttle shaft, for example) or in the fuel return system will let air in after shutdown and make for hard starting/extended cranking.

SMP and others sell kits with O-rings for the top of the injectors and the plastic return fittings that fit over them, along with lines and clamps.

aHeSHKc.jpeg


I've also seen the fuel heaters in the filter "head" leak, and some have water separators on the firewall towards the LH fender that can develop leaks and let air into the system.
 
That's absolutely correct, FM!

ANY leaks in either the suction side plumbing to the lift pump, between the lift pump and the injection pump, or leaks at the injection pump itself (at the throttle shaft, for example) or in the fuel return system will let air in after shutdown and make for hard starting/extended cranking.

SMP and others sell kits with O-rings for the top of the injectors and the plastic return fittings that fit over them, along with lines and clamps.

aHeSHKc.jpeg


I've also seen the fuel heaters in the filter "head" leak, and some have water separators on the firewall towards the LH fender that can develop leaks and let air into the system.
The water separator on the LH side was used up to '86 and was a constant source of air leaks. That was the first thing eliminated in our trucks whenever the fuel systems gave trouble. The filter was more than enough to catch any water that might have gotten in there.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top