Belarus tractor voltage ??

herk

Hello I was talking to a friend about his 825 he told me that the 825 has a 24 volt system did all Belarus tractors have 24 volt systems ?? my neighbor had a 500 and said it was very hard starting I know he had 1 12 volt battery in it , he said it came with 2 battery's ( never seen them don't know how they were hooked up ) just wondering . Thanks Bryan

From a little research, it appears that the 825 used a series-parallel switch for 24V starting, so you need 2 batteries. The rest of the tractor is 12V, including the alternator.
One version..

The 562 on the farm (Dad bought new in '89) is 12V. But, it has 2 6V batteries in series. Its not some series/parallel setup for the starter, etc, just 2 huge 6v batteries with a link between them. I am sure a large enough 12v battery would also work.

So, I think the answer for you is "it depends" on what model and year most likely.

The what the 825 model uses a 12 volt run/24 volt start, two 12 volt batteries, the hard to start has been a problem with low charge batteries/switch internals, ground switch connection, on the 420 models they used 2 6 volt batteries in series...since then its common here to use 2 12 volt batteries in parallel and change the starter to a reduction unit, still 12 volts and a direct bolt on, big difference in starting ! there may be a reduction starter to fit the 825 bell housing, from a good starter shop or internet search at ADF diesel in Quebec, Canada.
If you were to call them ask for a parts/sales dude named Charms.
No kidding

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back