BG water pump again

Ray

Well-known Member
I've got a BG offset serial 57901191.I'm looking for a water pump.Someone suggested napa part number 598517.It came in today,but it's different than my pump.The radiator hose hooks directly to the pump on the napa pump.A flange bolts to my water pump and the hose hooks onto it.The napa pump has a flange on the pump shaft for the pully and fan to fasten to.My pump has a one piece cast pully that presses on with the fan mounting flange as all in one piece.The plate on the engine says IXB3SL---3 1/4x 4.
The pump casting number is 30A153.Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.
 
Hercano Propulsions has a kit that I got for mine. The gasket was off a little, but rest was all the same. They are on epay as green$7 I believe under Hercules engine parts or phone in Ohio is 740-745-1475. Bill Williams in Tennessee has used ones for cores. The pulley is very hard to remove. Find someone with good practice of using a press. I broke mine in couple places trying to get off becuase of pushing on wrong spots. I got a used one from Bill. You have to watch shaft depth when pressing to clear the propeller and housing for mounting flush. Have name here for a Dan Wiggs Ripley Parts Co. in Ripler MS 662-837-7113 for rebuilds. I never contacted him, as my freind got mine working. Good Luck.
 
I got a kit ordered tonight from hercules parts at newark ohio.(740-7451475)It was 75 bucks.They didn't have any pumps.I was told they used different pumps on the later tractors,but the kits would interchange.Guess i'll find out.
 
I broke the pump trying to pres the bearing out.
Very thin ast iron,only 1/8 icnch thick near one bolt hole.
 
Yes, very easy to break and pulley too. You have to support almost right up to the original shaft casting near center. Go Slow with press too. Might have to call Bill Williams then for core or Zimmermans has a pump and pulley rebuilt. There pulley is some diff, but said to work. Try that rebuilder listed in my other posting. I never called, just curious if he still does these. Call Bill, hand him your Wallet, heh!
 
hercano propulsion,awful people to deal with.They shorted me a seal in the kit then called me a liar and stupid.They then sent me a seal that was the wrong one.Bill williams helped me out with a good used seal.The gaskets they sent for the pump wouldn't fit either,but i made new ones.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top