Block heater

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I have a 1953 NAA (6 volt), looking at a Tractor Supply Co. ac block heater. Anyone have any experience, price seems very inexpensive ($40). Will it help with the single digit temps we have had lately?
 
i don't have that heater.. but with machines in general.. heat is better than no heat. I'll add to that a trickle charger ont he battery a nd a timer. set both to turn on a couple hours before you need the machine. a blanket over her will help. if you hav emore $ and electrical capacity in your shed, then a mag block heater for the oil pan ain't bad either. if you want faster hyds.. one for the hyd sump too.

sky's the limit. you could heat all the sumps. trans and diffy too.. though not as important as water and engine oil and perhaps hyds.. etc...

avoid dipstick heaters.
 
I once tried a dip-stick heater in place of the hydraulic dip-stick to get my 3 point lift to function faster in the winter. I was using the 80/90 oil. It did work faster but you could smell the burnt oil when you pull the heater out. I put in the 134 oil when summer came and that fixed the problem.
 
Dipstick heaters are trouble from the get go. On you 2N only option you have is the lower radiator hose heater since the block does not have room for a freeze plug heater
 
I just bought one and installed it last Friday. To answer your question... yes it will help your tractor with the single digit temps.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top