blood pressure

alright as this board is the font of all knoweldge I'm going fo a physical tomorrow for a new job. after being sick for a few weeks my blood bressure was up about 25 points.I've been walking bikeing and working out the lastweek since I've been better but I dont think it's down enough yet. that said dose anyone know any cheep dirty tricks to drop your blood in 24 hours? I'm not worried about longterm as soon as I've completely recovered and am back to working my bloodpressure will drop like a rock.
 
I can't think of anything that will work overnight except perhaps mental and physical rest. As far as the high blood goes long term, you're going to have to work on that Elmo. That's gotta get worked out somehow.

Good luck, and good luck with the new job.

Mark
 
Our EMS use baby asprin for adults. They will give 2 or 3 depending on the size of the person. Asprin thins the blood slightly and will lower blood pressure.
 
Exocise. A quick diuretic to get the salt out of you system if you have time might help. Biggest thing is to control your apprehension--learn to be worth less. For gosh sakes don't take any cold remidies or nose clearing drops. They can realy raise it.
 
Stay loose and relaxed. Doctors and nurses recognize what they call a "white coat syndrome". When someone in a white lab coat takes your blood pressure, it's always about 10 points higher than normal.
 
Black Forrest mushroom eat a bunch the night before and it lower your blood pressure.

Walt

You can then at any store that has Chinese foods.
 
Well, you can try to hide it and hope the home remedies start lowering it before you have a stroke...
Like Mark-IN noted.
Cut back on the caffeine and lower the salt for sure. I was 120-80 until I got over 50 then it got to being up when I was sick and now is up all the time. I'm on ALTACE and it mostly keeps the BP down and has few side effects.
 
Your regular doc won't get excited until they see a pattern of high readings over the course of a couple weeks or months. Hard telling what they'll say for a physical. They might just chalk it up to you having been sick.
 
Good for you Dave, that's excellent advice..the night I stroked that was the first thing they gave me at Emergency and told me to chew them..gets it into you system fast..aspirin is the first treatment in stroke or heart attack.
 
Redneck, if its just temporary white coat syndrome, its not a big deal but if it goes higher and long term you have to get it right..high blood pressure is called the silent killer..I'm a stroke survivor.a lucky one
 
Eat celery,but it takes 2 weeks.The best way is grind it up in a blender and it will lower it about 20% if you are lucky.
 
Also it doesnt hurt you to eat celery,costs less than blood pressure medicine.Dont kid yourself,working might make it go higher.Stress has a lot to do with it.If you have blood pressure medicine take an extra pill before you go to the doctor.If you have to take a stress test its not going to work.
 
good nights sleep, no caffeine or nicotein, couple of aspirin. Some will say this goes in the witch doctors category, but I've had significant right-now drops by getting a chiropractic adjustment on my neck.
 
one way to make blood pressure low is to take a sleeping pill and be half awake during the doctors visit.
 
If you are a big man, make sure that the nurse uses a large cuff instead of the regular. Mine dropped 30 points on both ends when they used the right size cuff.
 
Gosh ---- seems every Quack in the Country has a remedy for you === I may as well join the crowd == when you get up in the morning -- have a glass of your favorite Wine --- that will get you relaxed to drop it good ...
 
Quit worrying about trying to lower it that fast, and just relax when you get there. Mine is always VERY high when I get there, but after a few minutes or so it goes back down.
 
it usually runs about 120/70 to 128/ 77 I picked whatever flu like thing is going around and it jumped up to 150/90 a few weeks ago
 
Don't be such a moron lower it the correct way ,hi pressure is hard on your kidneys as I found out now being hooked to a dailysis machine 3 times a week 5 hours a day .
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top