Bought a 852 NH round bailer today. Got questions

Farmallb

What can anybody tell me good, bad or ugly about the bailer.
Im missing a couple of the chain tubes, and the wide flat belt on the R side standing in front, is BAD on the underneith. Missing maybe a 1/2 doz teeth, but I see them in E Bay for $3ea.
What size chain is under the back cover on the same side? Was running it, and the side plate on a BIG master link is gone,. and the chain came apart.
On the back, are 2 loops, one on either side of the door, down rather low. Ones as it should be, the other is bent, but can be straightened.
Kid said that they had used a 60hp tractor on it, but it wouldn't make a 5ft bale, so they made 5X4s and had to manually trip it to get it to tie, as it wouldn't on that small a dia bale.
My boy thinks, that they had to small a tractor, if it was even 60hp, and that they were trying to keep the bailer rolling while they tried to lift the gate at the same time.
Kid said he wanted a G note for it. We couldn't find anything wrong with it, just looking at it, other than that flat belt on the R side up from the wheel. Boy said, looking at it, he was thinking 7 , maybe 750. Kid said he COULDNT do that. After a bit, he said he might could go down to 9. Boy said that he would go 800. They were standing there, saying nothing, Boy asaid, 825 max. Kid was standing there with his finger there and his mind in Ark, so I said. U got a quarter, to the kid? He looked, Nope. I asked my boy, and he found one. I tossed it to the kid, and said heads its 825, tails, its 9. The kid flipped, it was heads. I wrote out a check. As he was getting it hooked up to his duelly, a guy came out of the house. I thought that he would kibosh the deal after he heard how the kid got fleeced. We took off with 30lbs air in the tires and pulled it 38 miles. Boy was driving 30 to 35, more than the tire recommended 20 to 25, but we got home OK.

If some tubes are missing, check the rest. Wear thin in the middle of the tube and break. Check the chains the tubes are fastened to. If it hasn't been oiled regular it is probably shot. Chains are very expensive. Neighbor bought a baler that was always inside and oiled for $400.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back