Brake light switch location for massey ferguson mf275 tractor

I'd honestly be surprised if it has brake lights. That era of tractor you should be able to see all of the brake linkage from the pedals to the brakes.

Hi all,

can anyone tell me where the brake light switch on a massey ferguson 1983 mf275 tractor is located? Any help appreciated. Thank you.
I would agree with 495 - it is highly unlikely that your tractor has brake lights. That is something that only modern tractors have and even then it may only be on models sold in Europe.

I can't find one in the parts book. I highly doubt they had one. At least not an American version.
AaronSEIA

Hi all,

can anyone tell me where the brake light switch on a massey ferguson 1983 mf275 tractor is located? Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to the forums.

Where in this wide world might you be located? Brake lights are not an option we see on tractors, of this vintage at least, here in the US. We know they maybe in other areas of the world, but such details are generally not included in our manuals for those tractors.

I am in Australia and have a combo rear light with blinkers, hazard and brake light/sidelight combo.

Attachments

• mf275_rearlight_combo.JPG
    mf275_rearlight_combo.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 18
I am in Australia and have a combo rear light with blinkers, hazard and brake light/sidelight combo.
That explains more. Your area and the European markets have more such accessories on tractors than the North American models have. Our parts books and manuals don't show them. We have some with flashing amber lights for warning and a few had tail lights (often just one). Some newer cab tractors and industrial equipment have brake lights.

Follow the brake linkage from the pedals to the brake the switch is either going to be mechanical mounted in contact with the pedals or linkage, or it could be a pressure switch if the brakes happen to be Hydraulic, like an auto. The correct parts book for your 275 should show it, if it is OEM equipment.

Best regards

A local MF dealer will likely have that information in a service manual, or can direct you where to find it online, maybe for free.

Odds are the local MF service department has seen the same problem you are having many many times before so they can walk you right through the diagnostics and repair.

Thanks everyone. This is what the switch part looks like, so i assume its attached to rod/pedal somewhere. Though removed on my tractor.

Attachments

• mf275_switch.JPG
    mf275_switch.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 21

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back