broadcast seeding

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
i got a couple hay fields that needs a little attention what kind of success rate would i have if i broadcast some seed on them or would i be ahead to plow/disc and plant with a drill thanks RICK
 
If you do broadcast, do it NOW. I don't know what part of the country you're in, but it's called "frost seeding." You broadcast the seed when the ground still freezes at night but thaws during the day. The seeds will fall into the cracks when it freezes and the seeds will plant themselves.
 
What kind of hay fields you talking about? I scatter clover seed on mine all the time. I have better results with grass if I no till it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top