nh8260

I found a International Burr Mill for sale not far from me (not sure of the model number), I understand how they work and I plan on using it to crack corn, up to 1,000 pounds per year, my question is....does the metal plates wear out quick or last a long time?? If i did need plates where do you go to purchase them?? I don't want to buy something and find out later that nothing is available for it.

they probably last you a life time doing that small amount. i actually only remember dad replacing the burrs once on this Eaton's crusher. we used to make a lot of chop before. i just used it a couple times now to make chop for the cows after it had been sitting for over thirty years.
cvphoto110442.jpg

I remember when Dad had a Letz burr grinder. Had it staked down and trying to line the belt with an A John Deere, not a good thing to do. He finally put trucks under it with pto drive.

On the ole Letz burr mills, you could take out the two burr disks and with a four inch grinder, you could sharpen the teeth.. If the burrs are in good shape, you could sharpen many times..

I have a very small burr mill that's been in my family for years. I run it with a 1/4hp motor, burrs set very closer because I make corn meal with it. Never had to adjust or sharpen the burrs. Makes corn meal that actually tastes like corn, not the box.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back