Busy day in Alabama

grandpa Love

Nice weather today, near 70°. Picked up a load of fire wood Thursday and decided to split it and stack it in the wood shed. Darn splitter wouldn't start, and pulled the pull rope out trying. Fixed that still no go. Wife pulled carb off, what a mess!! Hadn't been run in a year. She cleaned it up good and splitter fired right up. While she cleaned the carb I got a second coat of paint on a couple cub rims. After lunch we had to go pick-up our grocery order from Wal-Mart, I hate Wal-Mart, but when they shop for you and load it in your car it ain't so bad. I did have to go in and buy a couple batteries. One for the "new" cub and one for the loader tractor. Got back and drove tractors around a bit. Changed fluids in the new cub and Mick's Ford. Got the last 25 bales of hay off my trailer, need the trailer for a fence job Monday. Storing the hay for my neighbor. Then a good supper. Never got around to second coat of paint on my $100 bush hog. Always tomorrow afternoon.
cvphoto69858.jpg

cvphoto69859.jpg

cvphoto69860.jpg

cvphoto69861.jpg

Side note on the splitter.......when it wouldn't start and I snatched the rope out I said I was going to harbor freight to buy a new engine for it. The $100 predator engine has been on there a few years. My wife is very smug that she cleaned the carb and it's running perfectly now. Twice this week I've been wrong......lol

Today was another pretty much stay in day. Did have to go to town fora couple of things for my mom and my wife. Had to drive out of the driveway slow due to ice and snow on tree limbs which where hanging down so low as to hit the car. Almost took a picture of it to send to you but didn't. It almost looked like a tunnel of trees covered with ice

Sounds like a great day.
I like seeing all those photos of your place.
Reminds me of when I was there.
Richard

I have my splitter connected to a 5 hp 3 ph electric motor. 220v through a phase convertor. works good for me. I had a rope pull out of my chain saw a week ago. Seams It always happens when I am busy. Stan

How about a better picture of the yellow contraption on the trailer? I can't see it good enough to tell what it is.

With a belt and pulley he could run the splitter pump off the PTO and work just fine that way with all the hydraulics he needs.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back