Wiring Diagram

Pipestem

I have a home made wood splitter that is powered by a 10 horsepower Kohler motor taken out of an International Cub Cadet garden tractor, model 109 I believe, and replaced with a 12 horsepower motor. I would like to put a starter/generator on the splitter as all the brackets for mounting one are still on the motor and I have a starter/generator. I guess all I need is a starter switch, voltage regulator and a battery and just wire it like the tractor? Anybody have a wiring diagram you could share with me sure would be appreciated?

Here's a diagram that's as simple as it gets ASSUMING you want to keep the battery charging function.

12 Volt starter-generator basic wiring.jpg

(The voltage regulator's base need to be grounded.)

I have a home made wood splitter that is powered by a 10 horsepower Kohler motor taken out of an International Cub Cadet garden tractor, model 109 I believe, and replaced with a 12 horsepower motor. I would like to put a starter/generator on the splitter as all the brackets for mounting one are still on the motor and I have a starter/generator. I guess all I need is a starter switch, voltage regulator and a battery and just wire it like the tractor? Anybody have a wiring diagram you could share with me sure would be appreciated?
Try this link: Only Cub Cadets

Here's a diagram that's as simple as it gets ASSUMING you want to keep the battery charging function.

View attachment 805

(The voltage regulator's base need to be grounded.)
Thank you. I do want the charging function otherwise I might as well continue to run it off of a jump box and start it with a pull rope. Motor starts easy.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back