C Case problem

KL in Wi

I received a call about a problem with a C Case. I haven't looked at it yet but, he said he was driving it and all was well. He backed up to the shed to put it away and put it in neutral. When he tried to engage the clutch in neutral it killed the engine. He tried putting it in gear trying every gar and in neutral and when he tried to engage the clutch it would kill the engine. I thought that maybe it was locked in two gears but, he said they pushed it in the shed with no problem. If it was locked in two gears, it should not be able to be pushed. Any ideas? Thanks

Could pushing the clutch in be grounding part of the ignition. I would check for worn or frayed wires that may be out of place.

I would suspect from your description that either the pinion bearing on the input shaft or one of the two bearings on the ring rear shaft (pully shaft) has failed. Try turning the pully shaft with the transmission in neutral and the clutch disengaged, it should turn freely.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back