Cab for a 706 Farmall

I have a question on a cab potential. I believe there are (3) different cab's? A Hiniker, a Year Round, and an IH Cab.
What are the difference between these and is one better than the others? Are these difficult to mount?

Thank You for Your Comments.

i just cant stand them old cabs on these old tractors. look goofy , noisy, and a killer hot in summer. but thats my toony's worth of comment. ooh but they are good for one thing,... when the diff is noisy it sure is a lot noisy ier in the cab, and you can just hear that gear whine.

At 27 below F. and 30 mph wind, no matter which one you have will make you forget how noisy it is inside. Even without a heater the difference between with and without cab is enough to make me put up with the noise. I have a Year-A-Round on a Hydro 70 that is my winter snow mover. Noisy but not windy inside. The cab is really narrow though. Makes it tough to squeeze in past the speed ratio lever. Wish I had mounted it rearward just a few inches more.

well over the years i had one factory IH cab and never again if i plan to use the tractor, the year a rounder was ok but hot like one other posted stated. the year a rounder was built better.

Oh there are way more than three, but those you mentioned are the ones you'll come across most often.

The "factory" cab, imagine having a basic box between the fenders, maybe a few inches above your head, windshield just ahead of the shifters, and rear window right behind the seat. Very cramped.

The Hiniker 1300 and Year A Round QT1 are practically identical. My preference is for the Hiniker because I grew up around one. They're the easiest to get in and out of, and provide rollover protection.

Year A Round had other models of cab that you'll come across from time to time. They were more akin to the ice cream box cab, and I don't think they had rollover protection.

Ya just don't want the ice box I H cab. on the rest one can quiet them down a bit just by adding some rubber belting and installing a Thick rubber floor mat and make up or by and interior foam and head liner kit instqalol new weather stripping around the doors and windows and make a sorta fire wall between the fuel tank and dash support , this can be done with flashing . add thin rubber strips where the cab contacts the floor plates . Won't be perfect but it will reduce some of the noise . The head liner will do to things it will help kep heat out and in the summer and help keep heat in in the winter same goes for a foam kit works as a sound deading and retain heat in the winter and helps keep heat out in the summer.. when summer comes pull the doors and windows and they act like a sun shade .

There's a guy up on Tractor Talk with a Year Round cab on a 686 that he's thinking of getting rid of. Don't know if it would fit your tractor, but thought I'd mention it.

I feed with my 560 with no cab in minus 20 and 30. Yes its cold but I just make due with extra clothes. And my 660s field tractors have no cabs either. The thing I hate is wind.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back