Can a CASE 1070 Power shift transmission lock a engine

Lets double back fellas and clarify ,The new rebuild engine and new crankshaft installed and all bearings torqued turned thru good with a wrench on the flywheel. When mated back to Power Shift Tranny it was stuck! //// I need Help figuring this out and I THANK YOU ALL ,,,.. The 1st overhaul was in frame , Then, The Crank broke after 10 hours running! (We suspect a narrow Thrust washer Perhaps 870 prt ?) Discovered Crank broke on shoulder of number 3-4 ( not on a machined bearing area ) from front of tractor, They Split Tractor, The new Crank was installed,after each rod torqued ,the Motor was cranked thru without difficulty, (I asked that question at least 5 times ),.A new torque limiter from KY Clutch was obtained ,,. It was exact duplicate with less wear marked exclusive for 1070.motor was installed and tightened to bell housing.and added 4 missing bolts (there were 4 top bolts missing from old history Previous mechanic work under P.O. We think the power shift had been gone thru at some time the hour meter is not working and has nearly 8000 hours) All installed , including rebuilt injector pump , The starter would not crank the engine, Took starter to same rebuild shop it came from 5 yrs back , He Cleaned and rebushing , New Solenoid all cheked good . 2 Hot New batteries , we cranked nearly a 3rd turn after rigin a exhaust decompresor. Something is really binding someplace in bell housing, The injector pump gear was pulled off also to rule the pump out. You Guys are my brain Trust and I Thank You for any input .

I would say that's time to spilt the tractor to see what made the engine to bind once bolted to trasmission

Did the engine willingly mate back up to the bell housing, or was it forced by tightening the bolts?

If it had to be forced, something is wrong. Best find it now than later!

those added bolts need to be the same length as the originals. If not maybe they are catching in back some place during the turn. That would account for the partial turn then stop if I read your query right.

It is very possible you have the transmission and flywheel 180 degrees out. They have to mate exactly..You can loisen the engine and separate enough to remove the bolts and rotate to match it up. I have definitely seen this happen. If the egine will turn just a few degrees and thunk to a stop, is a dead giveaway that this is your problem.

(quoted from post at 20:23:31 07/30/22) It is very possible you have the transmission and flywheel 180 degrees out. They have to mate exactly..You can loisen the engine and separate enough to remove the bolts and rotate to match it up. I have definitely seen this happen. If the egine will turn just a few degrees and thunk to a stop, is a dead giveaway that this is your problem.

Thats a new one to me. Why does it matter how the flywheel is mated to the tranny input shaft?
AaronSEIA

(quoted from post at 20:23:31 07/30/22) It is very possible you have the transmission and flywheel 180 degrees out. They have to mate exactly..You can loisen the engine and separate enough to remove the bolts and rotate to match it up. I have definitely seen this happen. If the egine will turn just a few degrees and thunk to a stop, is a dead giveaway that this is your problem.

Yes, Cuznguido. How can it be possible to time a transmission to a flyewheel??

Thank You Guys For chiming in ..I will attempt to qualify each question with a answer. The missing bolts that were replaced bolted thru the base of the engine block with plenty of room from the flywheel. It is reported everything went together simply enough. , There is only one way the torque limiter and convertor could go together.? I wish We understood this mystery.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back