Can somene pleases Identify my drill.

Fireman202

New User
Hi, I'm trying to get my old planter I bought years ago to working status. But I can not find a pic of it on any searches I do. Best I can come up with is a Van Brunt, but the color of the boxes is throwing me off. I need it to plant alfalfa and the seed chart is gone inside the box. Any help I can get would be great!!

48787.jpg
48788.jpg

The Van Brunt was a John Deere drill after Deere bought out Van Brunt. The early ones were wood boxes and red, then I think some galvanized boxes then green steel boxes followed up by green with yellow parts to make them stand out better in the field against other green drills. Need better pictures to identify model and if grass seed box is on front or back. And also if it has fertilizer box or not.Pictures do not show that information.

It has fertilizer in the back, seed in the front, and grass seed boxes on the front. I am headed home for a few minutes now, will get a few more pics.

your picture tells me that drill is a co-op. it was made in Bellevue ohio. my grandfather bought one just like it brand new. from the farm bureau in tiffin ohio.

Im 70 and I can see that it has a seed box in front, and likely a grain box in center meaning Fert is on the back outside. Id guess that its NOT a JD, and that's about as far as id go.

Your computor bust be putting out a better picture than mine, mine is too dark to see that type of detail.

(quoted from post at 14:05:37 05/12/17) Your computor bust be putting out a better picture than mine, mine is too dark to see that type of detail.

Grain box ends are different from JD drill plus I don't ever remember seeing a JD drill grain box lid with a handle which I outlined in blue.

48798.jpg

(quoted from post at 17:10:23 05/12/17) your picture tells me that drill is a co-op. it was made in Bellevue ohio. my grandfather bought one just like it brand new. from the farm bureau in tiffin ohio.
heir machinery line was labeled black hawk. I have a co-op manure spreader that you can still see the Indian chif head stenciled on the side.

If you look close at the fert box there was an emblem on it, I would say MF but it looks like TO also. Im so lost. Sorry about the double pics. Im new to this! I cant even google search any of the thoughts posted above, nothing looks like it. There is a 52 stamped in the brace on the front of the unit. Maybe a clue?
a160002.jpg

I don't know of any make that had the clutch lift mounted on a shaft on front of drill like that. Most drills the shaft was under the box and clutch drove off a chain. I have had Deere, McCormick and Oliver.

The only steel box Oliver drills I have heard of had 20" rubber, all older Oliver were wood box and I am learning a lot about them as I work with the Amish as that wood box steel wheel drill is a favorite of all drills.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back