carburetor part # for 1047 New Holland bale wagon

Farmers wife

New User
Hi all!!
I'm looking for some help, and hoping someone in this forum may be able to offer it! :) My husband bought a 1047 self propelled bale wagon this spring. We've had nothing but trouble-first identifying which model it was, and now dealing with parts (UGH!) The latest is that he was replacing the carburetor on it, took it to a local parts store, who took his old core, gave him a new one (which is the WRONG one!) and NOW can't find the tag for the old one. So we don't have the number of the carb to try and find a replacement, and carbs for these suckers are few and far between (as I'm frustratingly finding out!!) I'm wondering if maybe someone owns one of these beasts and would be willing to check the number on theirs, and let me know, so I can continue on a search for a replacement-he's in a bit of a hurry, of course, 'cause he wants to get the (few) bales we got here in drought stricken Alberta, off the fields.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Vanessa

I can"t tell you for sure what carburetor you need, because I"ve never been around a 1047, but have been around a lot of self propelled balewagon. The most important thing you can do, is realize that it is baisically a Ford truck. All the gas units I"ve been around used the 460 Ford gas motor, but I believe yours might use the 300 inline 6 industrial version. That being said, if you know the motor, and the approximate year (I"m guessing late 60"s), you can use that and order parts as if it were a Ford truck, and not a NH balewagon. It makes locating drive train components a lot easeir. Sorry I can"t give you an exact number, but it"s a place to start.

If anyone could answer bale wagon questions, the guys and Roeders can. They have a huge inventory and have worked on a ton of the things over the years.

WyoDave,I don't know the numbers,but there were a good number of NH bale wagons sold with V-4 Wisconsin engines in them.Underpowered but ran great.

I've seen those too, and I don't know the numbers either. I've also seen them with Ford 361's and Ford 460's, but I don't know for sure what uses what. As far as I can tell, New Holland balewagons are kind of like Jeeps, they were available in many configurations, but if you know which engine you have, transmission, rearend, etc.. you can find parts for other machines that use the same part, and expand your search a bit.
David

It uses the Ford 300 six cyl. engine, i have a 1049 bale wagon for 29 years, had the 361 junk engine, replaced it with a Cat 3208 and Allison 653 automatic transmission, beautiful set up !

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back