Carhartt jeans

Rich Iowa

Member
Their definition of loose fit must have changed over the past couple years. I haven't bought new Carhartt jeans for a couple years, but my old jeans are starting to wear out. So I ordered a couple new pairs of loose fit jeans last week and they don't fit anything like my old pairs. Suppose to be loose in the seat and thighs but boy these new jeans are snug! I double checked the tags and stickers to make sure they sent the right ones, and no I haven't gained any weight as my old jeans still fit fine. Anyone else noticed this?
 
Carhart's quality control on "standard size" is terrible. I'll never buy a pair without trying them on. They vary quite a bit in both waist and length. Considering what they ask for them....They come from a variety of foreign factories.
 
I very rarely buy any clothing without trying it on first, I've noticed most manufacturers vary on their sizes. Same size shirt could be a medium, large or XL depending on who made it. Never noticed it with Carhartt jeans until now.
 
Company I get my t-shirts from (4XT) moved production from Pakistan to China. The shirts shrank and got way thinner at the same time. Think they charge any less than before? I've got 2-yr-old shirts from them that are thicker than the new ones.

I find that where something is made determines how it fits. South Africa, Dominican Republic, Pakistan, they fit well. Most places in southeast Asia, forget it, they are too small.

Notice how lousy clothing is getting overall? I can't find a decent pair of socks in McCook. They are about half as thick as they were six months ago. Don't get me started on underwear, either.
 
I have only had one pair of Carhartt jeans, got them a couple of years ago for cutting wood in the winter. Made in Mexico, I'm not impressed, they seem to be wearing out quite fast.
 
Nothing is the same anymore. I agree on socks, just not the same. Wear them a few times and they are full of holes, same brand as before. Several years ago I bought a different brand of Tall T-shirts. Wore them and washed them, and they did not shrink much and were still long enough to tuck in good. Went back and got some more. Completely different, made for the younger generation, they left my belly showing. I realize we are in a throw-away generation, but would like to at least get my money's worth before I toss it.
 
I have been buying their coveralls for a few years. Each time they have a different fit.Wear out quicker than they should.
 
We switched to Dickies brand at work, relaxed fit, they still fit like hiphuggers.
The best jeans I have found for fit and wear are Wrangler "Rugged Wear" Just be ready to pay dearly for them but I get 4/5 years out of a pair.
 
What Rich Iowa said.

Im a computer geek, work in an office, business casual.
Tape measure says Im 34 x 31 (try finding a 31 long off the rack).
Pants I buy can be 30 x 32 on up to 36 x 32, depending on the mfg.

FWIW...don t. ...
 
You're better off buying the $10.00 "Blue Mtn." jeans at TSC. Made in the same places as Carhart, Lee, Wranglers and they fit baggy.
 
(quoted from post at 10:49:29 12/15/13) You're better off buying the $10.00 "Blue Mtn." jeans at TSC. Made in the same places as Carhart, Lee, Wranglers and they fit baggy.

I'm with Bret on this
after trying different brands of jeans for the shop and them not
even making it to the first washing, I just buy $10 ones now.
a size too big and wear them right over some sweatpants
or something for warmth and cushioning.
 
Under lots of name brands, there seems to be 2-3 quality levels offered by different stores. Walmart sells name brand clothes that are of far lower quality than clothes of the same brand name sold by other quality retailers.

Sam's Club will do the same thing. Costco usually sticks to better quality clothes, but once in awhile there will be certain clothes of lower quality, so it's "BUYER BEWARE".

Buyer can not simply go by name brand anymore - whether is is clothes, appliances, tools, etc. Feel the fabric and try on before you buy. No dressing rooms at Sam's or Costco, but they have abundant return policy if something doesn't fit.

Some of the tools being sold under name brands are of lower quality (Chinese knock-offs) than some of the tools sold by Harbor Freight. DeWalt and Milwaukee are selling some low quality tools, just like other brand names.
 
buy my socks off of ebay
got to where I just email my seller what I want and he gets me great wearing made in america socks cheap. can't find these in stores.
buy white tube socks 13-15 come up to my knees, also black support socks
6'4 290lbs
buy 18 pair at a time, once a year to year and half
 

Sizing has changed, even with Carhart. It may be because they are no longer US made.

I have started buying Round House brand, at least they are USA made.
 
(quoted from post at 11:58:44 12/15/13) Levis dont fit the same either cheaper,isnt better and they overcharge for them big time.
I ALWAYS have Levi's on my xmas and birthday list. Usually get 2-3 pairs a year. I think I've got 24 pair in 2 sizes of waist 33 & 34 which helps when my weight fluctuates. They're also in various stages of wearing out or full of paint/stains, etc. I was down to 33's on my list but last summer had to make them 34's again. :lol:
 
You can buy a pair and 6 months later try another pair of the same pants and they won't fit the same. Not only that but they may be made in a different country. Same goes for shirts and boots to.
 
Wrangler made a particular stretch jean that I liked. Up to several years ago, I could get them at both Walmart and Shopko. Now neither carries them anymore, and mine are getting worn out.

A couple of years ago, my wife had the good sense to buy several pair once while she had the chance. I'll have to try Wrangler's website with the model number to see if they even make them anymore. Last time I tried, Wrangler won't sell direct online, you have to go to a retailer.
 
I wear a Wrangler stretch jean I get at WalMart. It is not always available. I looked at the Wrangler web site and it listed 158 different jeans. The ones I wear are light and don't last very well is used for manual work but at my age, I can move so much better in them, like getting up in tractor cabs etc, that I go for them.
 
I started wearing ankle socks while I was driving truck, and can't stand to go back to anything taller as they bunch up around my feet in my boots.

I figure the $1 bill I am holding my hand hand is worth half what it was a year ago, seeing as how when I buy a pack of socks, I am getting half the cotton, and it won't last half as long, as the pack I bought a year ago.

Who is your seller?
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top