Case 1190 injector issues

Drew80

New User
I received a case 1190 from a friend. He had put a new injector in it and said it ran good. But it has been sitting for a couple of years. I picked it up and it has a miss and smokes like crazy. I did the injector test where you crack the fuel feed to the injector and 2 of the 3 caused the engine to idle down when the line was cracked. I move 2 injectors around and the problem moved with the bad injector. I took the injectors apart and they were nasty. But doesnt run any better or worse. Is there a way to adjust the spring tension inside the injector properly? Any ideas?

Not sure what type of injectors that uses but on my case 350 with pencil injectors there is a certain pressure they need to "crack" at.

I bought a pop tester to test the new ones I bought but had to make an adapter as it didn't come with one that would fit my injector.

Look up pop tester, and also see if you can find the correct pressure for your injectors

If I recall your injectors have replaceable nozzle tips. When I clean and service injectors the opening pressure is adjusted on the pop tester to verify spray pattern is
correct and leak-off is not excessive, which can cause a miss.

Thanks for the info. It does have replaceable tips and the opening pressure is 2600 psi. I ordered a pop tester and should get it in 5 days. I will update yall after I check them. Thanks!

Start looking for a spare fuel line that fits your injector or at least the fitting that fits your injector. Most likely the pop tester will not come with the right adapters.

(quoted from post at 14:50:36 01/04/21) Start looking for a spare fuel line that fits your injector or at least the fitting that fits your injector. Most likely the pop tester will not come with the right adapters.

Ok will do. Thanks!

(quoted from post at 04:45:51 01/05/21)
(quoted from post at 14:50:36 01/04/21) Start looking for a spare fuel line that fits your injector or at least the fitting that fits your injector. Most likely the pop tester will not come with the right adapters.

Ok will do. Thanks!

So luckily one of the adapters fit my injectors, but the one in question is leaking down right before the pressure cracks. I had one old injector that I swapped some parts around to get it to actually hold some pressure but it isnt holding it good enough. It does run better but still smokes like a train. I will order a new nozzle tip and hope that will do the trick. I am just having a little trouble finding a tip 😞

(quoted from post at 00:31:38 01/09/21)
(quoted from post at 04:45:51 01/05/21)

Ok will do. Thanks!

So luckily one of the adapters fit my injectors, but the one in question is leaking down right before the pressure cracks. I had one old injector that I swapped some parts around to get it to actually hold some pressure but it isnt holding it good enough. It does run better but still smokes like a train. I will order a new nozzle tip and hope that will do the trick. I am just having a little trouble finding a tip 😞

Ok so I got new injector tips and set them to the manuals specs. Reinstall with new fuel filters and fuel and it runs great. It did smoke at first but after it ran a little while it quit smoking and ran as I thought it should for an old tractor. Thanks for the assistance.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back