Case 1818 skid steer need help

I used the machine on Friday and when I had a load, I kept hearing squealing so I put a ratchet strap around the pump loosen the bolts and tighten that belt very tight and it seem to work after that. so I think I found the problem that belt just needed to be super tight I guess. I thought the belt needed a little bit of play, but I guess not.
 
I used the machine on Friday and when I had a load, I kept hearing squealing so I put a ratchet strap around the pump loosen the bolts and tighten that belt very tight and it seem to work after that. so I think I found the problem that belt just needed to be super tight I guess. I thought the belt needed a little bit of play, but I guess not.
Good deal Fred, I would check out the shives though, my guess is the grooves are worn on the sides and letting the belt not grip like it should, they should be tight for sure, have seen some pulleys get worn a bunch but not really look it!
 
Good deal Fred, I would check out the shives though, my guess is the grooves are worn on the sides and letting the belt not grip like it should, they should be tight for sure, have seen some pulleys get worn a bunch but not really look it!
Thanks for your help.stay in touch
 
I used the machine on Friday and when I had a load, I kept hearing squealing so I put a ratchet strap around the pump loosen the bolts and tighten that belt very tight and it seem to work after that. so I think I found the problem that belt just needed to be super tight I guess. I thought the belt needed a little bit of play, but I guess not.
Could be the wrong belt too, they are an odd and hard to find size. Make sure the belt is the correct one. You will have to either get it from case or at least get the specs from them
 
It may not be the correct size I cross reference the part number from case to Napa. I will buy one from case the one that was on there had teeth. This one has no teeth. I don’t know if that matters.
 
I will use this one for a little while and then I will change all three of the belts. I am getting a creep on the wheels on the right side and I’m going to try and fix that neutral lever as well. It worked before I took it to that shop that replaced the belts a while back Now I don’t but those belts were Napa belts as well. I did buy the two drive belts from case I just need to get this belt and I’ll do them all at once. I know it is very tricky to get that thing aligned properly.
 
I do have the case manual and it tells me how to adjust everything. It’s just hard for me to read something and comprehend to what it says. My dad used to be able to do all that but he has no longer with us unfortunately
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top