Case 1835B Troubleshooting

I purchased a Case 1835B Skid Steer in which the owner was not sure what was wrong with it, allegedly. He said he thought it might not be getting any fuel. I am outlining my steps taken thus far in testing it out. I have ordered the service manual and it should be here next week. I am a novice and any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Attempted to start, engine turned over and skid steer pulled to right

Neutral bar not installed
-appear to have found connecting piece for neutral but it doesn"t appear to actually connect to anything in order to put the transmission in neutral
-will revisit once service manual arrives

Base under engine was very dirty and contained a large amount of debris
-pressure washed entire tractor
-hand removed debris, sticks, pine needles, etc.

Removed radiator in order to clean both sides and get to gas line and under engine

Two hoses for hydraulic fluid connected to base of radiator, removed them and drained hydraulic fluid into buckets
-Does leaving the fluid absent for an extended amount of time cause harm to seals or other parts?
-Will the engine still start without having the hydraulic fluid filled? What if the engine is still stuck in gear? Does this mean that the hydraulic fluid and pump will be used if the engine is in gear?
-There appear to be no hydraulic leaks and there was several gallons drained, any good tests to confirm? I looked around online for replacement hoses in the event i need to replace some, they aren"t too expensive it appears.

Drained fuel, was told that the engine will not start because it is not getting fuel, this may or may not be true.
-Is there a good way to clean the tank? Is this necessary?

My plan:
1) Take out of drive, placing it in neutral
2) Drain remaining fuel
2a) Test fuel lines?
2b) Replace spark plugs?
3) Change engine oil & filter
4) Reinstall radiator and replace fluid
5) Crank her up!
6) Once I know it will run I"ll top off the hydraulic fluid

Any other general maintenance tasks I should consider? Any steps out of line?

first thing DO NOT start it with no hyd fluid you WILL damage the hydro pumps wait for the service manual it sounds like the control levers are not adjusted correctly as it is wanting to move this can be very dangerous if you are not familiar with the skid steers operation

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back