Case 2090 clutch cable adjustment - upward into cab

andy r

I need to adjust the clutch cable upward into the cab on my Case 2090. When the clutch pedal adjustment screw hits the firewall of the cab the pedal itself is hitting the rubber floor mat. I need a little more push on the inside of the cable so the powershift lever will completely return to 1st and the valve spool will extend outward fully. How do you get to the adjusting bolts/screws on that cable? From the bottom side of the cab all I see is a rubber grommet. From inside the cab when you pull the floor mat back there is just another steel plate. Looked at it quickly last night and I can't remember if that plate is removable or not? Appreciate any advice. Thank you.

To get to the upper end of the cable you have to remove the dash and console under it. Have you checked the lower end of the cable and its linkage above the power shift valve? You might need to replace the cable. I use classic view and my email is open.

Cable end above the transmission shift valve looks OK and appears that it hasn't moved. Seems like that would be quite a job to remove the dash and console. Maybe it would be better to adjust the lower end of the cable. When you push the clutch the linkage does not quite move the power shift lever back to power shift #1. Since that happens maybe the spool does not fully pull upward dumping the clutch (C2). There is no grunt noise when the clutch is pushed in. Main problem is you can't shift it into gear (grinds) or get shifted out of gear (load on gears). When the engine is running I don't think the powershift will move back into reverse either.

If I do take the dash and console off is there a procedure or steps for that? Doesn't look like fun. Thank you.

The instrument cluster comes out first, then the guard around it. Remove the screws or bolts that hold the lower guard and I think you can pull it back far enough to get to the cable. If you are going to replace the cable you can get aftermarket a lot cheaper than from Case.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back