case 310 crawler / 310e dozer paint help from old iron r

case310

New User
I am looking for advice on paint for a 310E dozer

I think this particular crawler may be the one that was discussed in a past thread with Adirondack case guy's coments here;
https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=case&th=311834

It was purchased in the same Up-state area only a few miles from the stated road,
it was sold to me by the nephew of a farmer who wound up with it

The dozer was only used as a tug for years and the fellow/nephew that I bought it from recently added the blade and curved arms from an older 310 crawler

It is painted a cream color that I think was original,
Adirondack case guy spoke about some crawlers with this cream color being unique when they came out

I am looking for a paint match but do not know what to use
I think the paint and decals are original,
I looked into the Desert sunset paint but it seems way off and the Case / IH white paints also look wrong.

I want to re-paint the hood and nose as they show a lot of paint wear
and touch up other areas but not re-paint everything and to keep as much original as possible

so I am wondering how would you restorers address this?

cvphoto153488.jpg

(quoted from post at 16:11:02 04/29/23) Desert Sunset paint fades over time. New DS paint doesn't look as white as faded paint. Case/IH dealers have the correct color.

Thanks for the response,

so you think this was Desert Sunset that has faded?

It is your dozer to do with as you please but I would NEVER EVER touch up or repaint anything that nice. They are only original once and once they are repainted there is no undoing it.

I love your 310 dozer.......and it is only original and in it's proud workclothes once......I would not touch it. I have two Case 530 tractors and I am proud of how they look in their original paint.....now go have some fun with it and don't worry about scratching the paint.

(quoted from post at 16:01:09 04/30/23) I love your 310 dozer.......and it is only original and in it's proud workclothes once......I would not touch it. I have two Case 530 tractors and I am proud of how they look in their original paint.....now go have some fun with it and don't worry about scratching the paint.

thanks for all of the responses
I am not sure if I made things clear,
I do not want to re=paint the entire machine
I just want to match the faded paint and cover areas that have missing paint.
The paint in areas of the grill, hood top and around the headlight has flaked away and I want to protest the bare metal that shows with paint that matches what is currently on the crawler.
I guess I am looking for a can of faded paint color that does not exist but thought old iron restorers may have some tips to touch up and match the faded paint

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back