Case 400 Diesel

MartyM

New User
I recently acquired a 400 narrow front with factory power steering and I am wanting to put it on my 400 wide front. Are there any differences that I need to know about, or should it fit right in?

Any front from the 400 to the 830 will fit, and I'm sure the 930/1030 will fit as well but are a bit heavier duty. This goes as long as they are not the set back or western fronts. You may want to go with a newer version as the early 400 wide fronts don't turn very short.

I recently acquired a 400 narrow front with factory power steering and I am wanting to put it on my 400 wide front. Are there any differences that I need to know about, or should it fit right in?
If you are just looking to swap a narrow front end in place of a wide front end it should be an easy bolt on. If you are also looking to add power assist steering to a manual steering tractor that could be more involved. A parts manual or service manual from J.I. Case or I & T. might give an idea of what has to be swapped out.

I misunderstood your question originally, yes it will bolt right in. You can either take just the unit out and put it in your housing, or change the whole housing. They can be tough to get out of the housing as they fit tight and get wedged In. The pump just bolts to the front of the engine, you may need to change the water pump pulley if yours doesn't have the drive shieve for the power steering pump.

Any front from the 400 to the 830 will fit, and I'm sure the 930/1030 will fit as well but are a bit heavier duty. This goes as long as they are not the set back or western fronts. You may want to go with a newer version as the early 400 wide fronts don't turn very short.
you are correct they will bolt up and are heavier, the 30 series has the round rear support u shape, the 100s are like channel, the 100s do not turn as short but if you cut 13/16 out of the arm where the link from center section hooks to the spindle arm they turn the same

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back