Case 530 steering issues

Shaun M

New User
My Father in law has a 530 that has a steering issue, he tookk apart the steering box and found the bearings on the worm shaft missing and bearing cage destroyed, does anyone know where I could find an exploded view of the shaft and what the part numbers are for a rebuild kit or part numbers for gaskets and bearings. any help would be greatly appreciated

The bearing is actually 28 loose balls (no cage) plus a bearing cup and shim. You need to look at the Case parts site for the exploded parts view and I think this will answer a lot of your questions. The bearing is not a typical caged ball bearing, hence the "missing" bearing cage.

Jim

Thanks to those who commented. I found that exploded views and parts on caseIH. Now hopefully all the part needed are still available and not obsolete!

Thanks again all

Shaun

Shaun, I am betting that you can get most of the parts for rebuild from Case or John Saeli. The 530 was made up until 1969 and a bunch made. Castings and such probably no longer available but I would be gaskets, balls, bearing cage maybe shim and worm are available. Early 570s may have used the same mechanism also.

Jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back