Case 530ck or 630

Over summer I found a 630 a 530ck that's been sitting for over 25 years outside. Both gasser,both com which I think you may call on the 530,it has a torque converter sticker on gas tank. Got both running, both move. The 630 is a com with reg high low. The 530ck is com with high low and a mechanical shuttle. It also needs head gasket, all hoses and possibly rear tires. All I do is 100 acres of hay. I don't have enough room to keep both. Would either one run a 4 basket Tedder or a 11 foot rotary rake Allright in first crop. I would like you opinions on each. Thanks Steve

When I restored a 630 gas a few years back
sleeves were not to be found. John Saeli
told me of a way to machine diesel sleeves
to fit the gas engine. I've used mine
raking hay with an eight wheel rake and
pulling a 15 ft wide wheat drill with no
problem.

Hello Steve,
I would say either would be able to do the tasks you want. We have a diesel 430 (431) and I use it for both tasks you speak of.

I have 4 basket Sitrex RT5200 4 basket 17' tedder. I have a 12' discbine and if I am going to ted I will set the it hay narrow coming out the the discbine (as you are supposed to for tedding) and then I can catch 2 windrows, effectively tedding 24' of hay. I have some grass and alfalfa mix hayfields and I purposely leave 1st crop get mature (for yield not quality for the beef cows) and it is some very thick hay. In the thick first crop I do have to go a little slower, but that is to the benefit of the tedder as well as the tractor in that crop.

We use a Miller Pro 1100 rotary rake with the 430. That is really a perfect combination. The rake takes a lot less power than the tedder. I put my father-in-law on the 430/1100 combo one day and he was impressed how well the little 430 handles the rake, commenting it goes right up the hills without slowing down or smoking. Up until last year when I bought a 2 rotor Pottinger rake, the 430 has done 95% of the raking on our farm since it was bought new in 1971.

Not sure this will help with your decision but I don't think you could make a wrong decision.

Thanks,
Dan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back