Case 830 Series Model 841 Throttle Linkage?

Hello, I have had my Case 830 Model # 841 (SN8311660) for about 2 weeks now. I just received my Operators Manual and what I am wanting to know is not in it.
The linkage travels down the right side of the tractor to the Governor, then to the other side to the carburetor. And from the same area that linkage begins there is an arm that goes to the left side of the tractor directly from the bottom of the steering column area this arm is not hooked up to anything, but stops at the carburetor. I had read a previous post while digging through the archives that there was an arm that was added to completely shut down the carb to prevent diesling. Is this possibly what this linkage is? If so, does anyone know where it hooks up at. There is no evident part of the linkage at the carb that is missing anything.
Thanks
864384286_seUvQ-M.jpg


864384339_ofSDv-M.jpg
 
I have the same make and model tractor. Mine has the same linkage and works my foot throttle. My foot throttle is on the right side down by the brake pedals. The linkage runs down the right side of the tractor to the front of the engine,crosses over to the left side and then back to the carb. Hope this helps.
 
Thanks for the reply...I forgot to mention the foot pedal, mine is the same in that fashion as yours. But what has me puzzled is the linkage that comes from under the column and goes to the left side of the tractor and has the same 90 degree bend in it and a cotter key hole where it stops at the carb. I don't recall where I found this post on the site, but I copied a portion of it.

is there a possibility that the engine is dieseling because of ignition caused by hot spots or to hot sparkplugs? This was a common problem on these engines/tractors, in fact, to correct it they used a special carb with a spring instead of a solid idle stop pin and had an arm mounted to the intake manifold that was connected to a rod that went to the throttle linkage to positively pull the throttle plate clear shut to eliminate this "dieseling" upon shutdown.

The linkage is interconnected with the rest of the linkage in the column. Hopefully someone has one that is hooked up. I think my tractor is a late model.
 
I own a 1963 730 gas ser. # 8217152, it has the linkage you are referring to from under the steering column to near the carb. It attaches to a short lever on the intake manifold and is part of the engine shut off. When you pull the trottle the short lever moves and allows the governor linkage from the front of the engine to increase RPM's. When you push the throttle lever all the way forward and shut the engine off, the carb is shut off.
 
It sounds like the shutdown anti-diesel mechanism. there should be a lever attatched to the block side of the intake manifold directly above the carburetor that engages with the throttle plate to close it completely when the throttle control lever at the steering column is at the extreme position of low speed.
When I asked about it last year, i got the impression that most of those systems were removed or destroyed during hasty or careless carburetor service.

hope you can find a good visual example
good luck
karl f
 
Dave,
Thanks so much for your input. Is there any way that you can post up a photo or diagram and possibly the part #'s to complete this mechanism? It turned out that the owner manual that was sent to me was the wrong one, I am hoping that the one that I have ordered from the local Case IH dealer will give me more insight on this topic. Is the lever visible or would I need a mirror to see if it is there or where it mounts up to?
 
Karl,
your post and Dave's nailed it, hopefully with Dave having it operational on his 730 I can get a visual like you had hoped. At least now I know what it is and can work toward restoring it to it's original condition.
Thanks!
Terry
 
The lever is visible on the lower part of the updraft area of the intake manifold, about 2-3 inches above the top of the carb. It is on the side toward to block. The lever is curved and probably 3 inches long. My tractor is 40 miles away and if you need more info, send me an email and I will get a picture when painting this weekend.
The CaseIH parts website has good pics and parts lists, but not always right, seems to depend on the transtion from low tin or hood to high to comfort king.
 

Thanks Dave, this is some good info. It would probably be a difficult task to get a photo of it, since it is between the block and the intake. If you should be able to get some photos, just email me, your email is not activated.
Terry
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top